post-361-0-01180600-1450735556_thumb.jpgpost-361-0-49062800-1450731808_thumb.jpg

these are some pics of the saw, but at the moment the saw is in pieces being rebuilt so I know that there isn't anything wrong and so I can use it for cutting and to take to shows. I put it next to one of my stihl saws (321)  to show the size difference :)

some more pics soon of the saw in pieces

I really like the old big saws, they cut easier because of the weight. defiantly get the bolens saw it will be a beast, a 8hp! my danarm is a 5hp I think and it has so much power   :)  the coolest saw I've ever seen is a v8 truck engine being used in a hot saw competition! it was so loud :)

The 8hp Bolens is 375.00, not enough trees in the state to justify that, especially when I'm looking at doing another 600.00 tire/wheel upgrade soon. I have my sites set on at least on more tractor, maybe two, I have to set some boundaries, lol

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/atq/5341944843.html

anyone know where to get parts for a danarm? struggling for parts such as carb kit

When you get around to looking at it again, for Chainsaw parts, I suggest you try Danarm themselves first?. They may still hold spares for it.

As for the Carb, Tillotson made them and the HL version is what should be on your machine. The Model number should be stamped on the Body of the Carb.

You can order rebuild kits etc from Tillotson via this link-

http://www.tillotson.ie/products-parts.php

For service and maintaining the Carb, this will be handy if your not familiar-

http://www.eccarburetors.com/pdf/HL%20service%20manual.pdf

Also, I recall a member here who collects them, Danarmdave is his username I believe?. he may be able to help.

Hi all,

I've just acquired the same model Danarm which was my fathers and last used well over 10 years ago. Thanks to info on here (thanks Anglo Traction) and elsewhere I've rebuilt the carb and fuel system (it was left with some fuel in which ate the fuel pipe), tinkered with the ignition and recoil starter and now it fires up and works a treat!

Just wanted to say for parts the DDA 110 is exactly the same model as the slightly earlier Canadian Pioneer 620 (not S620). I guess Danarm imported them and badged them as their own.

Carb rebuild kit needed for this model is Tillotson RK-114HL.

I'm planning on stripping it down and repainting it but I've a couple of others of my fathers I need to sort out first.

If anyone has any photos of a DDA110 (not to be confused with the later 110 Manual and Automatic) showing all the original stickers etc. that would be appreciated as most of mine have gone.

Anyway thanks again for the info, it helped me for sure!

Glad the previous info helped you.

Not much to go on, but this Site has a wealth of info on All Chainsaws if you have a few hours to kill surfing the InterWeb.

This link will take you directly to the Spec details of your model (if you don't know them already). ....Image is not very helpful with decals.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/a2116b63e2416f7a88256b4e0065068f?OpenDocument

Thanks again Anglo.

Yes I did find that site previously, a good source of info!

Just to correct what I said before, the Pioneer 620 is not exactly the same as the Danarm DDA110 but is very similar, the grips and covers are slightly different and according to that site the carb is too.

I'll post pictures up when I get a chance to take some.

Joe, yours is missing a small rectangular metal plate on the hand protecting bar, you can just about see the welds on yours where it was fitted.