The Fordson Dexta as such does NOT belong in this forum as it is a small fullsize 34 hp dieseltractor used for farming until 20 years ago. it became my gardentractor 2 years ago, but was not born as such.  ;)

here's one of my all time favourite tractors - A Roadless Super Dexta. It's what has inspired me since being a teenager to own/make a 4x4 tractor. The front axles were military design, and the mods were made by a UK company Roadless traction.

dexta_zps831cf408.jpg

here's one of my all time favourite tractors - A Roadless Super Dexta. It's what has inspired me since being a teenager to own/make a 4x4 tractor. The front axles were military design, and the mods were made by a UK company Roadless traction.

dexta_zps831cf408.jpg

all the roadless tractors are awesome, the fordsons, farmalls etc etc.

Koen

The Fordson Dexta and Super Dexta were also very popular here in Denmark, Fergusons 26, 31, 35, and 135 even more popular when farms were smaller than today. I was born i 1960 on a small farm and we had a Dexta like mine for a while. Later my dad bought a stronger Deutz 5505 series 50 hp.

I could not resist the Dexta when I found this 58 model, 2 years older than me and still going strong with only 8500 hours on the meter. Sadly I am now unemployed and a friend helped me a bit by buying it, promising to tell me if he wants to sell again. I´m able to borrow it and might because todays snowstorm builds up snow in excess of my manual labour capacity. 

post-130-0-01413500-1391199557_thumb.jpgTalking about tractors you like the one I would prefer if I had no other machines would be one of these W 9 made by Mcormic Deering Edited by simar kid

Just wondered where Ford (son) got the name "Dexta" from?

Given that Ford's original manufacturing operation in Europe was in Cork City and that Dexter cattle, a mountain breed, the smallest and one of the earliest of the modern "British" cattle breeds, was developed in County Tipperary by an 18th century landlord (or land agent - not sure which) named Dexter.