neil

Recommend your good books

Now we all love a good book  

Does anyone have any books that they would recommend .

here is one that is well worth buying

Everything you need to know about the history & products of wheelhorse  garden tractors

This is the last & final book  of 3 editions that Michael wrote  & the information that he got came  straight from the horses mouth  Cecil Pond inventor of wheel horse products

well worth buying while they are still on sale about the wheelhorse History by Michael A Martino Jnr with CD inside

post-5-0-19727200-1390812366_thumb.jpg

I don't have a first edition, but have a second and final.  I must say that the final edition is very nice indeed.  It's packed full of interesting information on Wheel Horse, but more importantly the early years of Garden tractors which the Ponds played a big part in.  In May, preparation for the Wheel Horse Collectors Club show, RedSquare will raffle ONE or TWO of these books which you all are invited to participate in.  

The shipping to the UK is expensive, but if there were several of you who were interested, I could group a bunch together for you and send them to the UK where you could distribute them.  I would suspect that the shipping would be far less than individually sent from here.

Koen , The book is shipped from USA direct from the author Michael Martino , he will even personally sign it for you if you require .

Like most things being shipped from US it can work out a little expensive , but this book is well worth buying .

Im sure Karl will back me up here , the first edition is now so rare that prices have reached upto $300 US dollers  on Amazon

The final edition in my opinion is the best of the 3 as it contains the most litreture .

The first edition is the pic below

post-5-0-45446500-1390860892_thumb.jpg

If you wish to purchase a copy you can visit redsquare & purchase a copy directly from there or you can contact me & i will put you in touch with the Author

The website to purchase the book is http://wheelhorsestory.com  I administer that site technically (but have nothing to do with the business end).  Michael had me remove the shipping options for non-USA addresses since it was expensive and too difficult to calculate.  If you're interested in buying a book, send an e-mail to email: orders@wheelhorsestory.com and Michael can help you with options.

Yes, the first edition draws a lot on ebay and such, which is odd since the final edition has 100% of the original content PLUS more, and better quality pictures.

Not really a book but a story. In 1970 I was hitch hicking through USA searching the Gravely factory. In a french booklet I've learnt that Gravely was a Studebaker product and this was in South Bend  (Indiana). So with my buddy we met the thumb way to South Bend and there we met lovely people who dove us to a small tractors factory: It was the Wheel Horse factory and we visited this plant with pleisure.

Did you understand?

A fascinating book that's well worth getting hold of is mechanical aids to the small holding by Desaules. Lots of period pictures of our machines, from memory it was published in 1955.