S1g

New grit blaster

Just purchased a small grit blasting cabinet off ebay, item number 200472037005, couldn't believe the price - £54.90 and now it's arrived ( only about 12 hours after I ordered it) I'm delighted with the job it does. Definatley worth considering for those small parts.

Looks the same as the Sealey one and at a great price. I've made several mods to mine, extra internal light, dust extraction for better visibility, finer mesh floor to prevent small parts falling through or getting tangled, lengthening the pickup hose and anchoring the pickup better. On the minus side the blasting medium does not flow to the pickup and every so often one has to tip the cabinet to get it to where it's needed

It makes the compressor work quite hard but with glass bead blasting medium it is excellent for carburettors and starter housings etc. Not tried it with any more aggressive blasting material.

I've got one of those blast cabinets it's not a bad bit of kit.. I need to sort a dust extraction system, but by removing the mesh you can just get a Wheel Horse rear wheel in :)

I'm always a bit cautious when ordering cheap things, however at the moment until the little un goes to school in September and Keri can go back to work pennies are a bit tight so it is neccasarry to be careful. In this instance though it's proving to be a very good machine.I will probably rig up a better dust extraction system to improve visibility like wrist pin said, ( using an old vacuum cleaner).The only other issue was I had to make up a gasket for the loose fitting inlet filter, apart from that it seems to be perfect. One of the few times I've been 100% satisfied with an ebay purchase.