bought is about a year ago

IMG_5071_2_zpsgpykiuwo.jpg

it had been stood for over 3 years after its working farm life. I thought it was far too cool to leave to rot. So after some haggling we agreed a price (farmer did not want to sell)

IMG_4490_zpshudapahw.jpg

Basically everything needs doing and its very much a work in progress. the cab is rotten as a judge

IMG_4489_zpsuidgfw0z.jpg

but its looking a lot better now 

F9642E9D-F32F-429F-A00A-81D97536059C_zps

1BD1206B-56BE-4DA9-8817-4ED91FBF4198_zps

Hi Ash, your 590 certainly has come a long way since you bought her.. Fantastic work :thumbs:

Now.. Where's that photo of you out buying beer? :D

love multipower, my grandad used to have a 35x mp, you could overtake cars on a downhill run if you flicked it into low! (don't try this its obviously immature and very dangerous! :) ) we used to use it for augering post holes because you can just dip the clutch when doing up hill runs and the gearbox will still hold the tractor in place while the augers digging, then simply lift up and drive on to the next spot all without using the foot or hand brakes. 

I've just found this photo in my PotatoBucket account, I think it's a 500 series (hard to see the decals), dirty and rusty but still putting in a full days work loading round bales in the fields behind where I used to live 6 or 7 years ago.

IMG_0489.jpg

Defiantly a 500 series, a Coventry built one, earlier model, most likely a 590, but the 575 was similar in wheelbase, and what looks like a a JD 2850 or 2650 with mfwd drove one of those for a couple years at my old job, mainly on a hedge trimmer

Defiantly a 500 series, a Coventry built one, earlier model, most likely a 590, but the 575 was similar in wheelbase, and what looks like a a JD 2850 or 2650 with mfwd drove one of those for a couple years at my old job, mainly on a hedge trimmer

Your right they are JD's, one looks like a 7000 something, I can't make out the closest one..

They both made my Wheel Horse look very small :lol:

IMG_0487.jpg

I'd go with it be being a 2850... Raised air intake and front axle gives some age to it.

Guessing there's a few years between pics Ian?

Can see the back of an SG 2 cab as well, 

other two look like a 7830, and 6630 premium (drove one of these as well on the same farm),

massey man myself, as long as its a pre 2000 one, last good tractor they made was the 300 series/3000, not thats theres ought wrong with a deere,, but they do paint em green so they blend in with the hedgerows, when the've broke down to save you the embarassment! clever marketing stategy there! (though ! cant really say much as my work rig (MF7480) is currently out of action with a blown front diff and some seemingly un-diagnosible electric le problem! I miss my 3075! )

I'd go with it be being a 2850... Raised air intake and front axle gives some age to it.

Guessing there's a few years between pics Ian?

The pics were taken 5+ years ago, but they were taken minutes apart :)