Chris

Bolens HT23

Well I got another Large Frame Bolens B)

This one is an HT23. From arround 1980 -83. Turns out its the 1st tractor of the 2nd line of production & made its way to the UK :o

I done a trade with a fellow bolens collector up North for my rusty back hoe which he will restore & has more time than me. I had the tractor & various other bolens items & he delivered it :D

Like the rest of the fleet it will need going through as various probs etc. Its in storage for a while now until I get time

post-162-0-35964100-1454616894_thumb.jpg

I popped into Chris this afternoon and saw his latest acquisition, the HT23. What a cracking looking garden tractor; I want one!

Also had a good snoop around his collection of Bolens and saw my 850 as well.

The only downside is that I need to get more Bolens :) I got an 1886 coming so that should quench my thirst...:)

nice. is it road legal then ? on the q plate. i wouldn't mind doing that but wouldn't know where to start. do you have a v5 then ?

No V5 for it atm.

Funny thing is that my HT20 was on a Q plate at some point in its life. I will find out from DVLA at some point

Great looking Bolens Chris, can't believe the back hoe went though! It did need a lot of time and money spent on it though.

Tom

Yes very much so. But the new owner will sort it.

Got plenty of Bolens to sort now inc your old 850 which Iain delivered yesterday :D

May look into road registering mine.... being the 853 it narrows Down to being made 70/71 and engine number is 71. How would I go about getting a v5? Can't I get a bolens headed letter? Or just apply for a Q plate? 

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, Chris said:

... This one is an HT23. From arround 1980 -83. Turns out its the 1st tractor of the 2nd line of production & made its way to the UK :o ...

Are you saying the your Serial Number is 0200101?

If so, according to my paperwork it would be a 1981 model.