Stormin

Got these for free.

Got it in one, Koen. The smaller one does work but has had a wheel amputated. The larger one, which is the one I will be keeping, needs freeing up. Pedal was seized and is now being soaked in penetrating fluid. 

I bagsy first dibs on the one your going to sell norm

If your going to Newby Hall, Nigel. ;)

Got it in one, Koen. The smaller one does work but has had a wheel amputated. The larger one, which is the one I will be keeping, needs freeing up. Pedal was seized and is now being soaked in penetrating fluid. 

If your going to Newby Hall, Nigel. ;)

my mate Chris is in a big red van

Got everything free(ish) and a sheet of 5/8" ply, that been propping up the workshop wall for some time, temporarily fitted to the top. Found out it will not go down unless weight is on. It is hydraulic with foot pedal and very slow. I had to test it of course, before going any further.

post-111-0-16622200-1457461371_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-17434300-1457461379_thumb.jpg

Max weight 185kg it says on the side. Think there's a tad more on there. But it never budged. It won't lift over 20" high now, but that will do me nicely. It will most likely stay at that hight as well. No need really to lift it up and down.

More to do yet. But may be a while.

I just noticed the cable snagged under under the pedal. 2nd photo. Been out and sure enough, it was preventing the lift from going higher. :rolleyes: So perhaps not the weight of the tractor after all and I've not knackered it. .

That's a very practical bit of kit and great to see it been 'up cycled'.

How did you get your hands now that?

Glad they work ok Norm, i looked into getting one before i bought my tractor lift

Chris, where did you get your tractor lift from?

Cheers

Got them from a chap 3 miles from me. He and his son run an engineering/machine shop. Have one heck of a collection of stationary engines. Jonathan mentioned seeing them, so I went to see. Just in time as they were due for the skip.

Decided to put the Black Horse on the table and check out some settings for plough depth. I found the battery was flat, so no time like the present to test the winch. Up and on it went with little bother. 

post-111-0-38041100-1457700150_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-24867300-1457700200_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-15672000-1457700208_thumb.jpg

I did find, as the tractor started to go up the ramps, the table tilted a bit. So some support legs are on the cards. Maybe get those done this afternoon.

Also the table didn't want to pump up. Not surprising really. Tractor, plough and front weight will be a bit heavier than 185kg. Still 17" off the ground gave a comfortable working height. The table could be set higher, before loading the tractor though. Not that I'll be working under it. :D