It all depends on the width of the prime mover, on the ones i use at work they are adjustable on the frame for different tractors and task, for example, a three body ridger is typically set up with one body central to the tractor and the outer two bodies following the wheel marks, you can google "ferguson ridger" to get an idea of what I mean, if planning to use behind a garden tractor, I personally would only use two of the bodies one following each of the wheels, because there isn't the width in the frame to allow ridges to form else. 

no problem it may tax it grip wise if not power, but its manly because if you had the frame wide enough to make useful ridges you would end up driving on top of the crop with the wheels. Your aiming to to straddle one row whilst driving alongside the other two, so your forming one complete ridge in the centre of the tractor finishing another on the left hand side and starting one on the right hand side. :)

Hi All

If you are  ploughing the inside edge of the front wheel must be in line with the inside edge of the rear wheel this allows the tractor to run true.?

But when you are drawing furrows or drills for potatoes 

The middle of the front tire must be in line with the middle of the rear wheels

If the middle to middle of the front tires read 24 inches you can set your ploughs at 24 inches, ect

The Gutbrod tractor has sliding rear axles so that you can move them to line up with the front ones

The gutbrod tool bar comes with two ridgers

If you are doing it up for show you can add three and see how it looks

PS one of our shows this year  the theme is potatoes when I fix mine up I will  post some pics

George S :england:  :thumbs:

Had a bit of time on these making the fixing thingy's out of old bits of metal I've had layin about.

1/2" plate cut into squares and drilled and taped with 7/16" bsw holes with stainless bolts.

1/4" flat plate with 3/4" holes and 3' of 1"1/2" square box section.

just need to get the stick welder out and weld it all together, here's a photo of the bits

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, pmackellow said:

They look good mate :thumbs:

Thanks Paul, welded it up this morning and put some red oxide on before lunch, when I was spraying the red on we had a really heavy down pore and thunder and lightning then my gloss all bloomed so I gave up and came in doors. :rolleyes: 

Managed to get some more paint on them this morning before i went towing.

before you all say I've painted the fronts, i did it to protect them from the harsh salt air were i live, they're be all rusty in a couple of days ,I'll sand the paint off when i go to use them if i ever use them it's mainly to exhibit on the Rowcrop

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg