bowtiebutler956

Off Road Go Kart

My sons, and I have always enjoyed our off road buggies, and were forever upgrading them to go a little faster. Unfortunately, they're always to cramped for me a 6'3" tall, so I decided to build one that would fit me. Its nice, and long. I built the chassis out of 1" square thick wall tubing, with 1.5" channel iron reinforcing the primary frame rails. The roll bar is 1" thin wall to keep the weight down. The engine is a 420cc 15hp Honda clone, with governor removed, ARC con rod, and carb rejetted. The drive is a Comet 94c Duster snowmobile CVT torque converter, with the stall speed set at 3200rpm. The axle is a 1" with a custom made sproket, and an disc brake. Its top speed is 42mph, but this thing has a agressive take off. It always leaves a rooster tail of dirt behind you when launching. I'm getting older now, and I really wish I had put suspension on it. My aching rear! :yankchain:  Sorry for the poor pics, but I thought I had better ones. Mine is the Green one. 

Matt :USA:

post-112-0-74665400-1390867553_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-73230500-1390867573_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-30564900-1390867608_thumb.jpg

Maybe a little padding for the seat might help too! :)  All this go-kart showing makes me want to break my old cart project out of the bike shed....

Yeah, You have to use it like Matt does Karl !. Think of us poor unfortunates over here that don't know what Free Open Spaces are and would probably get arrested anyway for driving an illegal Vehicle in a Public space, or while Trespassing. 

Yeah, You have to use it like Matt does Karl !. Think of us poor unfortunates over here that don't know what Free Open Spaces are and would probably get arrested anyway for driving an illegal Vehicle in a Public space, or while Trespassing.

I'm pretty fortunate with that one....

Will try dig some pics out :)