Rocboni

New workshop

Spotted this on eBay only about 6 miles from me, went to see it and done a deal. It's fully       insulated and built superbly, the doors are about 4 inches thick and the guy reckons it is warmer than his cottage!  He had it built with a total cost of £6k I paid less than £1k for it, just need to get it to bits, lay a concrete pad and rebuild it! Easy! 

Shame none of you live closer I could do with a hand! It's going to weigh a lot! 

10ft X 16ft, wil take up all the patio 

image.png

image.png

I've never seen such a well built shed, yet to see how it is actually fixed together hopefully screws and no big nails, I know it splits into quite a few sections.

Well I'm getting there, millions of nails put in with nail gun, managed to save most of the tounge and groove inside and on the roof by punching the nails through, as prying it off just split it.

Thankfully the felt was put on with small nails so that came off easy enough and will go back on, about 30 black bags of fibreglass insulation came out of it and countless massive spiders!

image.jpeg

Well it's down and home. Unfortunately where it is lying is where it's going! Mums going to be chuffed when she hears her washing lines getting shifted.

I'm not looking forward to taking this with me when I move out in a few years.

image.jpeg

Managed to acquire some hardcore that was piled up in the local carpark :o so has brought up the centre to 4" but still thicker around the edge.

As you can see the new next door neighbor has bought a shed, it will be dwarfed by mine and I paid the same for mine as he did for his 8 X 6 which is built from matchsticks (not that I told home that as I've got to wire it in for him) also going to take the chance to upgrade power cables to the old shed and install cable for the new shed while the patio is up.

i have some damp proof membrane to lay before the concrete but not sure if it's required? Stops it drying out to quickly and cracking?

image.jpeg

Not sure if the rear conveyor will clear the door! 

Concrete is coming on Saturday so will see more progress in the next few weeks.

Well it was all go at 8am this morning, 4 wheelbarrows 2 cube down in about 30min. Neighbours were chuffed :D

Note the temporary barrier to keep the dog out, for some reason he loved lying on the damp proof before the concrete was poured.

image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Shed next door spoils the view. Tell him to shift it. :D

To be honest the residential location doesn't suit me at all but it will have to do for a few more years.