Potash123

McCulloch T210 Strimmer

I have acquired this nice clean looking strimmer which has fell foul of stale fuel for a few years. I fitted a new fuel line and return line and a new diaphragm and primmer bulb. It would seem that the end plate of the carb that holds the bulb and covers the diaphragm is blocked solid. I cannot blow any air through this small plate. I have tried carb cleaner to no avail. It has hardly been used so I don't want to throw it. Suggestions would be appreciated. My carb is a Zama GND-18.

Regards Colin 

PS I am about to restore another Hayter 21 so will be back with a few more questions in due course.

Edited by Potash123

Still running well, however petrol pouring out cap hole ( about 2mm ) I found another cap with a gauze inside the hole restricting the flow. It still lets fuel out the 

cap. Am I simply just putting too much fuel in tank. This is my first petrol strimmer. Thanks.

That's a rather big hole to my way of thinking. 1mm should be sufficient.  If your brimming the tank, then yes, your putting to much in. But a photo would help.

Almost certainly the breather valve has come adrift from the underside of the filler cap. The valve is normally held in place by the moulding and spring clip that also secures the fuel cap restraint line that in turn hooks into the fuel tank to prevent the cap from getting lost.

New caps are still available if you search the internet you will not be disapointed.

19 hours ago, Hillsider said:

Almost certainly the breather valve has come adrift from the underside of the filler cap. The valve is normally held in place by the moulding and spring clip that also secures the fuel cap restraint line that in turn hooks into the fuel tank to prevent the cap from getting lost.

New caps are still available if you search the internet you will not be disapointed.

thats what i meant :thumbs: