DevonianRedneck

Norlett commander

Dragged out the barn today, as I needed another tractor to keep up at the yard for trailer duty. Hadn't been started for a year and she fired right up no problem, as far as I can tell these are rebadged Wheelhorse's a90 specials with a Briggs engine instead of a Kohler .this one's original but is missing the deck and lift apparatus. I've never seen another one in the flesh, this was my first "wheelhorse" so is somewhat special to me, paid £25 for it 5 years ago and up to 2 yrs ago it hauled wood every winter non-stop till it was replaced with one of the c-120s

IMG_20160429_192856265.jpg

IMG_20160429_192931282.jpg

IMG_20160429_192907023.jpg

4 minutes ago, DevonianRedneck said:

I had a mate with a international scout, idiot cut it it up for scrap in 2010, it wasnt past saving either :(

Unbelievable some people I am afraid. These CC can fetch strong money.

I bought a raider 10 by the serial plate last year when I got it home and had a clearerr look I noticed  it was originally green from new, the lad who I bought it off had in his words given it a quick coat of red . The metal work is in excellent condition no rust at all , so I have tested stripping the red off with chemicals to reveal the green underneath making it  back to a  Norlett tractor . Such a pity he dawbed it in home base red .It's my next project after a simplicity 728 .

It will have been a raider 10. The Norletts were gold or red, they never rebadged a raider. They were A90 specials, 4 speed with a Briggs 8 Hp engine.

out of interest, what was the year and serial number?