woz

gearbox id please

evening chaps, i have a hydro t1600 westwood,the axle has snapped just past were it exits the trans axle.......iv dropped the half shaft out of the box today,ground either broken end to a point and built it back up with weld,iv run it up inthe lather and its within 10 thou ....i know iv probably wasted my time as iv now destroyed the hardening on the shaft but its wrth a try.....

ITS FAILED........i did a propper job and ground the shafts to tapers set them in the lather and took my time welding it up.......a few times round the garden and its well on its way to sheering again.......i guess welding isnt a viable option.......

28 minutes ago, C-101plowerpower said:

welding and sleeving?

i havent got the room to sleeve it aswell...its broke just past my weld, the shaft has many stress fractures running the length of the shaft......the box is a hydro gear.......

1 hour ago, nigel said:

Have you rung Stuart Oliver yet woz

yes rang him...very nice fella and straight talking.....he doesnt have any shafts...the little t1600 is for breaking i think

its been irratating me that i failed to repair this tuff torque box,so i had another go at it today, iv replaced the damaged shaft with a wheel horse shaft and played with the splines in the dif.......i had it on our back field for over an hour thrashing it back and forth, iv honed my wheely skills:o.....the repair seems to have held this time.........

th_VIDEO0002_zpsleggptmi.mp4

Edited by woz

I shall go up to see Woz and this repair, he's thorough and won't let this beat him, let's see if I can find a weak spot then eh??

I'll be dead honest, albeit Woz is a pal of mine, credit where it's due, he's made a 'bostin' (nee brilliant ) job of the hydro-box on the T1600, I would go as far as saying that if you get a (##@~#!) buggered box, especially broken shafts, I would get in touch with him, might want it to be a trade secret sort of thing, but I reckon he's sussed it! And, I did test it, couldn't kill it...needless to say that hydro-box issues might not be a problem anymore....and I'm not joking!! We've decided, well I have, that I need to keep the Westwood on trial for him ALL this summer!!

Top Banana Woz!! Superb job done there!!

No Chris, I am a sort on an advisory sort of status, but will have to test it properly over a good long summer, no charges of course...but I do want another C125 again, a REAL tractor!!