meadowfield

White stuff....

Since we are all missing it here in the UK, thought I'd post of few pics from the other year where I live.

We get some good cold snaps, -13c is the coldest, with the kitchen down at 7c. Pretty well everything freezes, no where like the US recently though :)

Last pic will show you how I get around :D

IMG00154-20101220-2345_zps60a76c95.jpg

IMG_6693_zps863ff836.jpg

IMG_6689_zpsce55991b.jpg

IMG_6662_zpsc0caee8a.jpg

IMG_6634_zps82b6b3b1.jpg

IMG_6630_zps71d6b191.jpg

IMG_6625_zpsdab09506.jpg

IMG_6605_zpsed2f3479.jpg

IMG_6600_zpscd4d38d1.jpg

IMG_6595_zpsb30f7601.jpg

IMG_6585_zps55ceef95.jpg

feb052_zps4e6f7fd3.jpg

feb071_zpsa6f442fc.jpg

That is some beautiful country side where you are!  We're having one of those winters in New York where it's not snowing much, but it's been so cold that what we have stays around for a long time.  While it's beautiful in the beginning, it eventually loses its luster and looks quite dismal. 

I've seen the Yorkshire Area (Malham) in February with snow around.

The bit I like is the little Orange High Vis Jackets they put on the  new-born Lambs and there is the frozen water fall at Gordale Scar.

Lucky man, we have Concrete, Black top and Mud. 

Snow??

It only looks nice on Christmas cards in my book!!

I'll find some pictures later where it drifted over the top of our single track lane and froze!! In places it was like driving through a tunnel!! That was a -16 recorded 2 years ago.. to me, that WAS cold!

We didn't have much winter the last 2 yrs, but once again this morning we were well below zero. I think this is the 10th time we have been in the negative since the middle of Dec/13, and it looks like we will be getting it again next week. Last Sunday it was 47 and sunny and by Monday nite it was -2. haven't had a lot of snow this yr, maybe 12"-18" all winter, but it melts off every week or so. Here in the Midwest we have a saying...if you don't like the weather, wait 5 min's.

Sorry, no returns! But come on over, I can put you to work with the kid. You will have to run the C-121 with the blower though, you can't get him off his Ranger with a block of c4! :D  Snow removal can be a tag team sport! B)

post-116-0-38502500-1391658070_thumb.jpg

post-116-0-74903600-1391658096_thumb.jpg

Ian it's been a fun winter, lot's of snow to move this year. But if I just had a plow like in years past, I would be screwed! I think the 6x6 with a cab, 2 stage blower and a back blade would be an awesome machine to have right now! :D

I'm not really minding the snow much, ever though we have been getting several inches at a time the last few weeks, but its the below 0 cold that starting to wear us down. So far this winter we have been under 32* for 29 days, had 11 nights of minus 0, and two days of minus 0 temps. We haven't been this cold for this long since the mid 1990's.  Its still -9 at 9;30 am this morning as I write this, I have more snow to blow today, and its going to snow again tonite and Saturday.