Sign in to follow this  
minky

a bit of work for the bolens QT16

1 hour ago, Triumph66 said:

That's one mean looking Bolens you got there. Impressive.

cheers....have to say she's real handy with the 3link on her....

45 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Best keep your eyes open for a big red van. The Showman will be over for those logs, given the chance.

no no there mine all mine...

I am very impressed with that Bolens. All mine are Tube Frames virtually. I do like the look of the style of the QTs. The Q denotes Quiet apparently and that certainly appears to be the case with yours. You got me thinking.....  ;) 

Did you make the point links? 

16 minutes ago, Triumph66 said:

I am very impressed with that Bolens. All mine are Tube Frames virtually. I do like the look of the style of the QTs. The Q denotes Quiet apparently and that certainly appears to be the case with yours. You got me thinking.....  ;) 

Did you make the point links? 

yes the Q stands for quiet...the old onan engine just had enough so i put a 16hp vanguard v-twin in it...just needs the electrics sorted out and she'll be right...yes i made the 3 point linkage myself it's linked into the lift ram for the deck..

1 minute ago, Triumph66 said:

How many a Bolens have you got?

5 bolens.....1 home bulit from a old landmaster....a wheel horse c81 and the gilson that noel posted pics of...

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Nice trac. Friends of mine own an QT16 have factory 3 point linkage kit & they go ploughing with it

how does it do with the plough.....what size of plough do they use...i scaled my 3 point linkage of a pic on the computer screen...lol...works great..

1 minute ago, Triumph66 said:

That right I couldn't remember what you got. That Gilson will be very interesting.

have to get it home first to get a better look at it...i know the steering is broken...thats all i know about it so far..