Sign in to follow this  
Potash123

My new - old Hayterette

I have obtained a 3.75 HP Hayterette with the four small blades. The blades are like razors but do not swivel. Will these free up with wet and dry on the bolts and bl

blades with some lubrication. They are not expensive on ebay, but why throw money away when I have a tool box.

Secondly the height adjustment system has some red plastic blocks fitted, looks like an upgrade. However the adjuster is very stiff, lubrication advice would help

with this adjustment system, I don't want to force anything. Many Thanks Colin

Sorry I cannot upload pic's.

The blades should be free to swing but we would often find them incorrectly fitted withe the washer above the disc under the nut when it should be between the blade and the disc. Genuine Hayter blades are cranked and can only be fitted one way up. We would find them turned over "to use the other cutting edge" but this restricted their free movement. The cranked design was a carry over from the earlier Hayter Mowers where the rotation of the cutting disc could be reversed to use both edges.

The red plastic blocks could be correct ; for instance on one model there was one that slid up and down the height adjustment lever. However we really need images. Can you not sort out your image posting issue?  - it will make it far easier to offer meaningful assistance.

Edited by Wristpin
Typo