Sign in to follow this  
Potash123

Basic Principles Strimmer

I have been working on two and four stroke engines since the 1960's and have no real issues. I recently acquired my first petrol second hand strimmer.

Can someone tell me how the fuel system works please on these little two strokes.

I have seen loads for sale on ebay that have fuel issues, the carb and fuel lines ?

Is there anything I can read up on. I have pulled the carb to bits and they seem very intricate.

Currently mine starts, revs fine but runs out of fuel if I rev it up for too long. It will start straight away and tick over quite quick

all day long. It used to only run with only the choke on before I cleaned it. Until I learn the basic principles of these I will struggle,

by all means make fun but we all learn every day.

Thank you in anticipation.

Edited by Potash123
Errors

seen problems with the hose rotting causing air to leak into petrol pipe under suction

and the clunk on the end of the fuel line in the tank can partially block

cheers nick

As well as checking the items mentioned check very carefully the very fine mesh strainer that is pushed into a recess oposite to the metering valve. This can become blocked yet still appear to be clean and you may need to hold up to a light and veiw it through a magnifying glass to see the blockage.

Re information try the web sites for Walbro carbs and Zama carbs they have excellent technical help sections.

http://www.walbro.com/parts-services/

http://www.zamacarb.com

Good luck in your search for knowledge.

Edited by Hillsider