Triumph66

Bolens 600

At long last the 600 is on it way from the USA to the UK. Dave, aka Old Buzzard, posted me the original data tag which I got yesterday.

All I need now is the actual tractor to put it on. B) Just hope OB not going to send me bits and pieces of the 600 as retribution for keeping it at his place for too long....:D

image.jpeg

Andrew,

ID Tag looks good.

I am just waiting to see if Dave put Norfolk on the tractor shipping address. I am sure that is what we agreed :)

iain

Edited by slf-uk

If it arrives in pieces it danged sure won't be my fault. :D:D:D

Here's what it looked like when it left my humble abode on 5/22.

post-805-0-97215400-1468374497.jpg

post-805-0-46407200-1468374512.jpg

post-805-0-06316000-1468374526.jpg

post-805-0-68267300-1468374538.jpg

post-805-0-80286700-1468374552.jpg

It's a good thing I have the 1886 Forklift because we would never have gotten it onto his trailer without it.

Andrew, remind me what the ships name is and I'll be waiting for it with the trailer :)

The red car looks like a mustang 

once you you have the 600 home I will have to pop down and have a look.

Iain

I'm gunna ask a silly question I'm sure... 

How come you have gone to the trouble off shipping it across from America?  Is it a special one?  Does look.cool! 

I bought it for $150 with deck and front plow. It's all original which is what I like. To buy one like this in the UK would I think be impossible and probably be around £600 if you are lucky. The fact it actually come from the States is exciting and Dave, aka Old Buzzard, lives a stone's throw from the seller. I have posted the Bolens 600 post on here last year; have a look at it. The 600s are unique as they are a tad smaller than the other round hood Bolens. It will be rxpensive but I think it's worth it for me as a Bolens collector. If it all goes well, then I will be tempted to buy a Yank Pickup from the 60s alongside my Mustang....

I just re-read the post started by Dave. I am pleased it has all come together and the 600 will soon be at it's new home.

Early 600's are rare in the UK and I would not be surprised if it is the best non restored example in the UK.

Iain