Sign in to follow this  
Wallfish

Big O&R display

So Jim (usedtoolman) and I got together Saturday at a local antique engine show (Straw Hollow) and displayed part of our O&R collections together. I think Jim had around 20 tools and I had about 25. Both of us have more than this but it's just way too much hassle to bring everything. Who knows, maybe one day we can do a bigger one with everything we have.

Jim's much nicer display! He has some really nice stuff.

FullSizeRender(12).jpg

FullSizeRender(11).jpg

And my crappy display. No pics of my ugly mug!

FullSizeRender(10).jpg

FullSizeRender(13).jpg

And kind of a shot of both

FullSizeRender(14).jpg

And here is some other stuff that was at the show

FullSizeRender(2).jpg

FullSizeRender(3).jpg

FullSizeRender(5).jpg

FullSizeRender(6).jpg

FullSizeRender(7).jpg

FullSizeRender(9).jpg

FullSizeRender(8).jpg

25 minutes ago, pmackellow said:

Just posted the form for this years Autumn Tractor World at Newbury,

hopefully taking the full display this year including the Allman Sprayer... :)

If its any interest ive managed to book the nearby Travelodge for only £32 a night over this weekend.

Just now, S1g said:

If its any interest ive managed to book the nearby Travelodge for only £32 a night over this weekend.

Thanks Gareth, we will be taking the caravan this year, all the O&R bits will fit in it :thumbs:

They certainly attracted plenty of interest, I met a few other collectors that have some O&R's too and I was also asked how to repair the starter mechanism. It is getting hard to find O&R's over here that I haven't got, all the tools & the early engine in my display this year have been bought from the US.

David

4 hours ago, pmackellow said:

Great display !!

I'm still on the lookout for other O&R powered machines but they don't crop up very often (and are $$$$ when they do)

Glad I bought most of mine before the explosion! Heck, one of those green Varo Amp Champs just sold for 500 and 350 w Tiny Tiger sold for nearly $600! The highest that I have ever seen!

15 hours ago, Webhead said:

Glad I bought most of mine before the explosion! Heck, one of those green Varo Amp Champs just sold for 500 and 350 w Tiny Tiger sold for nearly $600! The highest that I have ever seen!

I've noticed that seller with the $500 Military Champ has been buying up & reselling O&R stuff, the Champ was bought two days earlier for $400, which is still $100 more than I've seen them sell for before. They also seem to be separating tanks & gearboxes from some engines and appear to have split up several Chicken Power kits.

I've been wondering if O&R's have been featured on one of those shed/garage clearance type TV programmes (where they often make up daft estimated selling prices on stuff you know isn't worth that much) as prices have indeed been getting very high recently.

Note that ebay is a bit dishonest with the prices that items with best offer sold for, they stopped showing the actual lower sold price a few years ago, but you can still find out the actual sold price by using the best offer history tool on goofbid, it only works with recently sold items though.

I was also surprised that the 350W Tiny Tiger made nearly $600 as it failed to sell the previous time at an auction start price of $300 with $400 buy-it-now!!!

David

It was the less common 350W version with the larger tank, one sold for a much more reasonable $250 in March, the more common model 300 Tiny Tiger are usually not too expensive.

David

Here is a picture of my O&R display at the Peover Game Fair last weekend,

SAM_9453a.jpg.f6121f090d635ab82d737c7c7917dcbf.jpg

I didn't realise I had forgotten to put the base plate back on the Tiny Tiger until I unpacked it at the show, I took it off a while ago to make a copy from. Thankfully the forecast rain held off till I was back at home and everything was back inside.

David