Haas99

Ford chainsaw rebuild. Need carburetor kit.

Pictures of engine off of Ford chainsaw. I believe it is a Ford Hawk. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg 

Next are pictures of the carburetor. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I need a rebuild kit for the carburetor. The old diaphragm is stiff and the metering lever stopper is torn. 

Any help with these parts would be appreciated. 

Thank you

image.jpeg

Got some carb parts rom Webhad and got it running. The problem I'm having is it doesn't run consistently and the mixture screw/choke is VERY sensitive. I'm wondering if the seals are bad and allowing it to suck air. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi All,

New here. Lots of good info for sure. I too need carb parts. This looks the exact saw except mine is a ORline Chainsaw-1 Model 103. I believe it has a 13B 342 carb. The only difference I see is that the diaphram arm on mine has a hole in the end with a rubber piece inserted instead of using the check ball. Is that kinda stuff still available (lol)? Really looking forward to getting this running. Have not seen this model anywhere.

Help is greatly appreciated

Todd

IMG_20170810_135441.jpg

IMG_20170810_135543.jpg

Hi Todd,

:WMOM:

It would be interesting to see pictures of the complete chainsaw, both your Orline Chainsaw-1 Model 103 & the Ford branded version above are updated versions of the earlier Orline Mustang chainsaw (I have the Sears branded version in my collection).

I really should look through my saved pictures and add pictures of all the versions I've seen to the forum, I haven't got any pictures of the Model 103 though but do have pictures of the Model 123 chainsaw.

13B 342 is actually the engine model & type, not the part number of the carb. No-one has yet found a source for replacement diaphragm arm rubber seals used in the late production engines, there is more info in this thread from earlier this year, with a possible solution that hasn't been tried out yet;

The only solution we have at the moment is to change out the bottom half of the diaphragm primer assembly & arm for the earlier ones that have the ball valve instead of the rubber seal.

Is the 'U' shaped diaphragm arm spring missing from your carb? I can't see it in the pictures.

Also don't forget to remove the old disintegrating air filter foam, as it can cause damage if it gets sucked into the engine.

Webhead and Wallfish on here have spare parts for these engines as well as the new diaphragms for the carb.

David

Hey David,

Thanks for the info. Yes I have all the carb parts. I just took images of the thing(s) I needed info on. I dont mind changing the ass'y to the ball type and converting it back when and if parts allow. Do you know if the bottom half of that ass'y is available?

LOL on the carb type...I meant to type engine but was thinking carb.....too many bdays and easily confused hahaha

I pm'd webhead and will do the same for wallfish to see if those guys can help me out with parts.

I will for sure post images when its back together running. For now the thing looks real similar to this http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/e426ce44969dee3f88256e49006914e9?OpenDocument

Again I appreciate the help

Todd