4x4forks

Great Dorset Steam Fair

Unfortunately Not. But would like to take it one year.I have  Got plough, disc cultivator and rotovator . my problem is if I take the caravan I can,t take the Tractor. Could drive it there I supose!!

32 minutes ago, 4x4forks said:

Unfortunately Not. But would like to take it one year.I have  Got plough, disc cultivator and rotovator . my problem is if I take the caravan I can,t take the Tractor. Could drive it there I supose!!

This is how its done around here, but I am sure it is illegal in the rest of the world

TTB towing.jpg

For the tractor alone around these parts 300- 500 US would be a top price. In the North Eastern US they might ask more up to 700, but doubtful it would bring that. This is one of Bolens most collectible tractors. It arrived on the scene in the late 60 with ads of Arnold Palmer the professional golfer driving it. It was a big seller and consequently is a good collector due to production numbers. I would wager waving 500 under his nose, if you had it, would ensure a sale. It does appear to be in very good order. If the deck and tiller came with it, i really don't think 600 would be out of line.

5 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I think that would be a good buy for someone. And before anyone says owt. NOT ME!

I would agree, it would be a good buy, its a solid machine and must have been well cared for to be in that shape. I rarely consider price alone when purchasing a machine, it has to be the right machine and in the right condition. This one appears to fall into that category

I had a 1050 which was in the trade stands from there last year. Was not sold & ended up on ebay

It came with a deck & tiller but in worse condition that this one. I gave £400 to one of our traveling friends for it.

That is a good example though

They made many of those round back tillers, at least 4 different model numbers. The early round backs were the 18608 and were a 22" wide tiller designed for models 600-180-01 through -03 and models 600-181-01 through -04. This model could use the later tiller extension kit, but I don't think it would be recommended on any of the Bolens 600's. Bolens also offered 22" tiller with the model number 18609 and was designed for the Bolens model 800 and new Bolens model 900. This was also a good tiller for the later Bolens model 750 and was available with a extension kit. Next Bolens offered a model 18610 round back tiller with optional extension kit for the Bolens model 1000, this tiller could be used on the early tractors, but needed a different driveshaft for use on the Bolens 600. When the 1050 arrived Bolens again offered an upgraded version of the round back tiller for the large tube frames coming on the scene. Most of the previous tiller models had variants in hook ups and drive shafts, but they also beefed these tillers up over time. In 1969 the 25" model 18614  "flat-backed" tiller was introduced. These were specifically designed for the larger 12 hp medium tube frames. The round back tillers were not recommended for use on later 12 hp and larger machines. Later flat back tillers include the model 18616 and 18618, for the newer 14 and 16 hp tube frames. I don't think there was a lot of difference in the 18614 and the 18616 except the drive shaft, but the the 18618 tiller was a 33" wide tiller made for the later 14 and 16 hp tractors and was black in color. Many dealers had round back tillers in stock and sold them with 12 and even 15 hp tractors until stocks were depleted, not always to cheat someone, but as a lower price point on a tiller. If any of this is incorrect, or incomplete, I think we would all welcome any corrections or additions.

On 26 August 2016 at 0:08 PM, madmatt01 said:

In the auto juble part someone has this for sale. Running and driving with trailer, rotavator and a few other bits. 

£700 negotiable. 

Wish I had enough cash on me to wave under his nose 

20160826_110927.jpg

Matt, any luck on this?