Sign in to follow this  
Potash123

Engine exchange

My old Hayterette engine has give up the ghost. I have a Sovereign self drive with a 375 B & S engine. Will the engines inter-change. What thread are these B & S engines as in the ancillary parts, who supplies them ? Many thanks. 

Hi Nigel. I am trying to establish the threads used by B & S in general. I have boxes of new BSA, Enfield, AJS and Metric bolts, but nothing seems to fit these mowers. I appreciate the replies.

Thanks lads. Well I got the Hayterette up on my bench today. I undid the bolt holding the blade disc and it freed up well ( Lucky me ). Engine out of the ally body and stored. Took the engine out of the Sovereign, removed the drive pully and it slotted in a treat. Could not believe how well it went. As the new engine is so good I am going to bare metal respray the body and respray the motor. the wheels will go in the dishwasher when the wife is out ( they are plastic rims ). Just need to sort out the modern lever to shut the engine down on the handlebars via the cable. Any advice would help on that one.  Sorry can't do photos. Hope to give this a new lease of life.

Then I am going to restore a Hayter 21 just for fun. Regards Potash.