Sign in to follow this  
the showman

Townings Farm Vintage Harvest Weekend

Arrived at the farm on Friday afternoon and just managed to get the caravan set up before the rain started.

saturday was bright and sunny so after unloading the van and setting up my display i took the Raider 12 over to the field to start ploughing, the ground was long stubble matted with hay although the plough went straight in the ground with good depth after ten or fifteen feet the plough was bunged up with big clump of hay.

I watched the bigger tractors and they were all having problems with the conditions only worst than me as they had more ploughs to clean.

Saturday evening there was a seven mile tractor road run ( some off road ), there were twenty tractors with trailers and lots of people, half way round we stopped at the village pub and then the rain started, we all got a soaking on the way back to the club bbq.

The food was good and plenty of it, although we were all very wet it was very enjoyable and the atmosphere was great.

sunday i got some seat time with the graderblade and harrows.

the rain held off and we loaded up about four and arrived home at five thirty.

A very enjoyable weekend and in good company.

heres some photos I managed to take while it wasn't raining 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Triumph66 said:

Look like a good show and pleased that the weather held for you on Saturday as here it was wet all day. Were you the only one with garden tractors on show?

Growbag came on Sunday with his Mountfield so i let him use my harrows to get some seat time driving up and down the field

Thank you Chris for letting me have a go with the discs for once the little Mountfield was working well. A good day pity about the long stubble thanks again chris