rex harrison

wheel horse raider 10 fuel tank

There are a number of WH owners on this Forum living in the East Sussex area who might be able yo help you out?

Whereabouts are you in East Sussex?

Also introduce yourself with photos of your project as you might get more replies? ;)

By by the way, I bet your Wheel Horse is easier to renew the tyres than reshaping the shoes for a 4 legged horse. :D

Hello Rex, Welcome.

I'm sure one of us can sort one for you. One point needs to be clarified though. I can't find any record of a 1969 Raider 10 model number?................Edit  - sorry, just found it.             69 Raider 10 should have a Model # of 1-6041?.  I'll look it up. 

There is a Raider 12  and a Charger 10 Auto.

Can you post your Model Number from the Black Tag on the Hoodstand?. So we know what style Tank you need. 

If the Tank look's like this Rex, it may be difficult to find one-

69 Tank.JPG

It may be possible to use one from the slightly later models of 72-ish which are similar, except for the Strap and possibly the Fuel Tap. That style should be much more common.

If Neil hasn't got one, I have a clean '74' Black Tank I keep as a spare (not under my bed:)), but am prepared to part with it for a good cause.

It needs a new rubber Bush and specific Fuel Tap.

I also have the fixing wire and can make you up a retaining spring.

You will most likely have to make the centre hole in the Tank Plate base a little bigger and drill an extra 1/8" diameter hole, otherwise it will fit straight on.

To give you an idea, I can obtain the new Fuel Tap and Bush from the U.S for about £22 total.