wurzel

Bolens QT17 Grading

Excellent video, you ran out of driveway, come do some of mine, lol. Did you know they made that same tractor with a 16hp Kohler k341 single cylinder, the QS16?

9 hours ago, HeadExam said:

Excellent video, you ran out of driveway, come do some of mine, lol. Did you know they made that same tractor with a 16hp Kohler k341 single cylinder, the QS16?

thanks yes was it  called a QT 16 though 

ive got a G16XL as well with a tecumseh oh16 but that has a belt drive rear tranny but shaft drive from engine

cheers nick

46 minutes ago, wurzel said:

thanks yes was it  called a QT 16 though 

ive got a G16XL as well with a tecumseh oh16 but that has a belt drive rear tranny but shaft drive from engine

cheers nick

Actually the QT16 was a 16hp Onan Twin cylinder and the QS16 was the 16 hp Kohler single cylinder, the Q stood for Quiet model or Quiet line and the T and S stood for twin or single. The QT series and XL series Medium Frame tractors had the engine oriented 180 degrees differently than the earlier Bolens tractors.

1 hour ago, HeadExam said:

Actually the QT16 was a 16hp Onan Twin cylinder and the QS16 was the 16 hp Kohler single cylinder, the Q stood for Quiet model or Quiet line and the T and S stood for twin or single. The QT series and XL series Medium Frame tractors had the engine oriented 180 degrees differently than the earlier Bolens tractors.

G16XL layout

20160204_192240.jpg

20160204_192250.jpg

20160204_192352.jpg

12697287_10208239187955028_8631345661167339865_o.jpg

I've had both models, and both drove the transmission off the flywheel side, while earlier tube frames and large frames powered the transmission off the PTO side. Not saying one is better, just different. I noticed you have the same issue I have, the current battery is too big for the plastic hold down.

25 minutes ago, HeadExam said:

I've had both models, and both drove the transmission off the flywheel side, while earlier tube frames and large frames powered the transmission off the PTO side. Not saying one is better, just different. I noticed you have the same issue I have, the current battery is too big for the plastic hold down.

i prefer the Hydro much nicer to use and i like the sound of the kohler twin not sure if its the correct battery hold down

6 minutes ago, wurzel said:

i prefer the Hydro much nicer to use and i like the sound of the kohler twin not sure if its the correct battery hold down

I think the battery hold down is correct, just not the battery. The Hydro is awesome on the Bolens, but late model geared tractors aren't as common, so nice to see them as well. Thanks for the pictures.