expeatfarmer

Ransomes 80 @ Tractor World Newbury 8th& 9th October

Closing date for entries is 25th September, so far it looks as if there may be 15 machines on display. I think it will be a good weekend, the MERL archives will be present as will neil Jarrett and Trevor Hopkins with his amazing collection of Ransomes literature. If you have an MG tractor please try and come whatever condition your machine. If you can't bring a machine then visit and share your Ransomes experiences.

Although I will be attending the Newbury show I do not intend having the same stand as I had at Malvern.

If any owners wish to collect parts at Newbury please let me know to ensure I take them with me.  

Neil

Newbury tractor world turned out to be a very good show with lots of interesting machines. 9 Ransomes crawlers were on display including a non runner MG2 belonging to Stuart, we spent a good few hours on Saturday getting it running Neil valiantly changed points and condensor in situ , we stripped and cleaned the carb and eventually it ran. We started it again on the Sunday but it was very reluctant to keep running without choke indicating that for some reason it was not getting enough fuel, I suspect it may be down to valves or piston causing insufficient suck. Stuart came to collect it on Monday morning and I spent another hour struggling to get it running again, eventually it ran but not long enough for us to load it on to the trailer. The show was very well organised with loads of trade stands and in a very good location, i think it will be a very good show to attend in the future. Thanks to everyone who brought along machines and helped with setting up the display. As usual many visitors came along with stories about machines they had owned or still owned, I was particularly pleased to meet the new owner of the Ransomes front loading crawler that is featured in a video on U tube pushing up a compost heap. A good weekend.

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg