Mister Mad Mower

Getting the wife interested !

Lifes too short be be constantly moaned at with regard to such mundane subjects as " But what good is it " or " Why do want another one " .

So i have taken steps to reduce the moans from the wife and purchased her her first authentic vintage hand tool .

My hopes were high but not for long .

The sudden realisation of the fact that i had given her the perfect ( and easily thrown ) means of anger management dawned .

"Let sleeping dogs lie" sprang to mind , even iff they snore whilst doing so .....

But it looks nice after a dip in the electrolosis tank , followed by a quick buff up then a coating of Liberon Iron Paste ( Grapite paste ) to bring it back to life .

IMGP7636.JPG

My wife's never says a word about anything I buy, in fact she encourages me always, but she doesn't drive, work outside the home, or go anywhere without me. Her domain is the home and mine is outside the home, I don't mess with her area and she doesn't mess with mine. Society has screwed up what smart animals can't, everything must have its proper place and an order must be followed, once those rules are broken chaos ensues.

4 minutes ago, HeadExam said:

My wife's never says a word about anything I buy, in fact she encourages me always, but she doesn't drive, work outside the home, or go anywhere without me. Her domain is the home and mine is outside the home, I don't mess with her area and she doesn't mess with mine. Society has screwed up what smart animals can't, everything must have its proper place and an order must be followed, once those rules are broken chaos ensues.

Sounds a bit like my wife , but when i place a sheet of plywood on the kitchen table she takes notice as she knows somethings entering her domain that should'nt be there .

This is more of a long dark winters night problem as i rationalise that why heat a workshop when we are already heating the house ! .

But the usual " Why " crops up when i say i am off to pick something new up .

Usually followed by the " I thought you were taking me out shopping " as though i had taken notice of her asking me to do so 3 day's previously ? .Usually asked whilst i am taking something apart and methodically remembering where every nut and bolt came from .....

But this winter i shall remember to sit with my back to a wall - so i can see the iron coming .

Either that or fit a radiator to the Wolseley Wd header tank to heat the workshop for free whilst running a little genny off the pulley for light , now theres and idea in the making .

The current model has the full stereophonic subwoofer augmented surround sound with corner tweeters .

I had the  acoustic deadening  retro fitted to myself :D

OUCH , her hearings still set to max as she's just come in to see what i was laughing at and prodded me in the ribs after reading the posts .

6 hours ago, Mister Mad Mower said:

The current model has the full stereophonic subwoofer augmented surround sound with corner tweeters .

I had the  acoustic deadening  retro fitted to myself :D

OUCH , her hearings still set to max as she's just come in to see what i was laughing at and prodded me in the ribs after reading the posts .

mouth zipped shut emoticon here

Unfortunatly it will be situated within easy reach for her as she actually wanted it , as i recently fitted a new -  old cast iron fire place with tile side panels and she wanted it as an ornament to go with the fire companion set i got her , the poker on that is the thing of many a B&W who dunit film .With it's cast pocker with a long sharp spike comming out from it .

mmmm thinking about it i think i will cancel my life insurance , just to put her off any idea's she maybe having .

Edited by Mister Mad Mower
spelling