harryt

Yazoo rider

I picked this up recently, it is a yazoo rider with a 12.5hp Wisconsin engine. It is a 60" deck and it is the original engine. Quite a quirky thing and I think it dates to the mid 50s. My plan is to get it up and running and keep it in the collection.

image.jpeg

Nice project you have acquired there!. Seen these before somewhere. I believe your  model is a YR60?. Is the Wisconsin 2 cylinder and hydrostatic drive?.

Would like to get my hands on a 'Wiso' one day.   

10 minutes ago, harryt said:

Yes it's certainly odd, when I try to jump it, the starter motor turns but does not engage to the fly wheel, any ideas?

Sounds like the Bendix Gear is not sliding out against the spring tension to engage . The splines probably need a clean and a small amount of Teflon Dry Lube or similar.

Starter bendix sticking? Take the motor off and see if the bendix is free. If not, dismantle it and clean in petrol. Assemble dry. DON'T oil or grease.

Is the earth from the starter motor good? 

hi if its an inertia starter the cog may be stuck on the starter shaft  spray the cog with wd40 and try tapping the starter with a hammer as you turn it over failing that pull the starter and see if you can free the  cog 

25 minutes ago, Anglo Traction said:

Nice project you have acquired there!. Seen these before somewhere. I believe your  model is a YR60?. Is the Wisconsin 2 cylinder and hydrostatic drive?.

Would like to get my hands on a 'Wiso' one day.   

hi i have a very nice wisconsin tjd 18hp twin if you are intrested

15 hours ago, wurzel said:

hi if its an inertia starter the cog may be stuck on the starter shaft  spray the cog with wd40 and try tapping the starter with a hammer as you turn it over failing that pull the starter and see if you can free the  cog 

dont hammer the starter, thats how you kill them