HeadExam

Roto-Hoe Chipper

Picked this up locally for 25.00, weak spark from sitting for several years, but I may just try to pull the starter rope a dozen times each day and see if that doesn't help. If all else fails, I'll service the points, and flywheel with so20161002_133129.jpgme sandpaper

20161002_133040.jpg

20161002_133047.jpg

20161002_133106.jpg

20161002_133121.jpg

As Norm says, handy piece of gear. Look's like a Techy H60 and may have been Electric start or they used a surplus Shroud for a Pull Start.

The H60 I did had to have new points/Condenser and Air Gap reset after a clean before I could get a spark. It was laid up for over 25 years.

Ignition Timing is a challenge, being 0.080" BTC, but then you probably know that already. Look's in good general condition though for the price:thumbs:

2 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

As Norm says, handy piece of gear. Look's like a Techy H60 and may have been Electric start or they used a surplus Shroud for a Pull Start.

The H60 I did had to have new points/Condenser and Air Gap reset after a clean before I could get a spark. It was laid up for over 25 years.

Ignition Timing is a challenge, being 0.080" BTC, but then you probably know that already. Look's in good general condition though for the price:thumbs:

I had an Ariens tiller with a H60 on it that gave me fits over the spark problem, but I finally sorted it out after replacing points and condenser, it actually wasn't getting good earth as I remember. I haven't even looked at the electric starter. Sometimes diagnosis isn't done using Occum's razor, but rather Hickham's dictum, in that it may not be one problem, but a combination of problems. I've found that sometimes a few pulls on the rope every day in some cases is all it needs to wear the rust off or a light sanding of the points, we'll see. I have almost no use for it here on the prairie, but it may make a good piece to trade for a walk behind tiller.

Having some trouble getting her to fire. I took of the flywheel and cleaned and sanded every thing real good, but still no spark.I'm thinking it is the condensor, so I made an offer of 25 dollars for the coil, points, and condensor as one unit off epay.

Thanks, yes magnet test checked out, I think it may be just the condenser, but I did not want to go the piece meal route. Thank you Richard. :)