nigel

1960 Wheel Horse Suburban

8 hours ago, meadowfield said:

rj's and burbans are indeed nicknamed nut roasters....

early RJ's were belt drive, later ones and suburbans were unidrive 3 speed transaxles. Fairly easy to spot the early ones due to the belt cover and simple front axle, the suburbans were cast axle.

Anyone feel free to correct me - I may well have made all this up :D

also don't forget the 3piece unidrive on the rj's and on the first few burbans. the later burbans had the 2piece unidrive we all know and love

Richard , it was prized from my fingers & I'm still in mourning & my flag is still flying at half mast . 

The Rj 35 was never sold in UK and as far as I know Chris Sutton & myself are the only owners of the 35 & both were imported from US , there are very few Rj58/59 in UK I only know of a handful of these that still survive , Suburbans are also rare here in UK and not many were sold .

4 hours ago, neil said:

Richard , it was prized from my fingers & I'm still in mourning & my flag is still flying at half mast . 

The Rj 35 was never sold in UK and as far as I know Chris Sutton & myself are the only owners of the 35 & both were imported from US , there are very few Rj58/59 in UK I only know of a handful of these that still survive , Suburbans are also rare here in UK and not many were sold .

Yep!. Had sussed all that Neil :thumbs:, I hope you are able to get over the mourning of your reluctant sale. But you also really need to get rid of one of your good ones:poke: :D,

.........so you are able to lavish more attention on the remaining Herd:wub:

Regards. 

On 23/11/2016 at 5:13 PM, Anglo Traction said:

............ I'm still hoping to get one one day.   

I have already started looking, can't believe how few are about.

19 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

Yep!. Had sussed all that Neil :thumbs:, I hope you are able to get over the mourning of your reluctant sale. But you also really need to get rid of one of your good ones:poke: :D,

.........so you are able to lavish more attention on the remaining Herd:wub:

Regards. 

Richard , fancy a swap with one  of yours ? 😊😜

You have to watch your head in Nigel's workshop, I keep walking in to red hanging things... Luckily for Nigel the bit's I walk into are already dry :D

On 30/11/2016 at 9:06 AM, Ian said:

You have to watch your head in Nigel's workshop, I keep walking in to red hanging things... Luckily for Nigel the bit's I walk into are already dry :D

Well Ian, It is getting near Christmas !........save's on Decorations :lol:  Perhaps a Skid Lid would be handy. 

Yes it has Neil  should look good standing next to your rj once I've painted that as well hopefully they should both be finished at the same time, it made it easier making the rj a joint project with Ian, and he's doing the vids 👍🏻

1 hour ago, nigel said:

Yes it has Neil  should look good standing next to your rj once I've painted that as well hopefully they should both be finished at the same time, it made it easier making the rj a joint project with Ian, and he's doing the vids 👍🏻

Sorry Nigel had an anal moment and corrected should to read should... if you see what I mean ! :thumbs:

9 minutes ago, pmackellow said:

Sorry Nigel had an anal moment and corrected should to read should... if you see what I mean ! :thumbs:

You been on the beer Paul 😀

2 hours ago, Cub Cadet said:

Very nice job Nigel! Are you going to paint the Wheel Horse writing on the front white?

Yes I will Ewan but I've got to match to the colour of the wheels and I've forgot what colour I had the wheels powder coated in 🙄

1 minute ago, nigel said:

Yes I will Ewan but I've got to match to the colour of the wheels and I've forgot what colour I had the wheels powder coated in 🙄

Oops, i'm sure you will get it done in the end :thumbs: