Anglo Traction

Beware of Auction Site Shipping Programmes

I've been shipping hard to find parts in from the U.S for about 7 years now without issue, and recently, the offer of an incorporated programme that ships your purchase from the U.S to you without all the hassle of Import duties etc, had appeared to be a good system. 

Well I've well and truly stubbed my toe on this 'Shipping' where my item has not been delivered to me after it arrived in UK and they've labelled it up for return without any investigation.

My frustration is that I received nothing but denial of involvement or offer of help to contact the Shipper/Agents from the Auction Site to retrieve it.

They also deleted my transaction from my records after I opened a Case to be resolved. You know who I'm talking about!.

I've spent every day for 10 days trying to get some assistance to get my parcel. I have 2 more options to try and get my money back if I fail t get it. It's not looking good now for that.

Be warned that it may be good when it's working ok, but any problems like mine will really frustrate you and be prepared for a lot of your time investigating, most likely without a result.

There is no protection offered, despite what you read, as the Seller in the U.S. only has to prove it was delivered to the Shipping Centre in the U.S. for proof of delivery!!!.

9 hours ago, HeadExam said:

Is this a shipping programme based in the UK? Or is it affiliated with a US auction site?

Hello Alain, The latter of your 2 question choices....... Won't go into detail yet, as awaiting the Company(s) involved to respond to my enquiries.

Also reading all the Terms and Conditions again before preparing for the next attempt to recover goods/refund, before using legal. 

4 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

Hello Alain, The latter of your 2 question choices....... Won't go into detail yet, as awaiting the Company(s) involved to respond to my enquiries.

Also reading all the Terms and Conditions again before preparing for the next attempt to recover goods/refund, before using legal. 

I recently had an issue with a auction site here in the US. I'll post the issue in off topic so as mot to hijack your thread.

On 15/11/2016 at 5:29 PM, HeadExam said:

I recently had an issue with a auction site here in the US. I'll post the issue in off topic so as mot to hijack your thread.

Not good Alain. Fortunately I have not had dealings with any iffy buyers, except for one who tried to claim money back 2 months later from non receipt of item.

He failed badly, as the 'Sucker' forgot he had left really positive feedback to me on fast delivery and a good condition item !!!!.

A glimmer of light has appeared in my Inbox from an 'Involved' Courier Agency. They admit failure to deliver caused by damaged item and return to Sender.

Had the greatest of pleasure forwarding it on to E-Stray and Seller!!!. Sit back and another wait now. 

I had a friend that walked into UPS store with a package that was packed in cardboard, foam, etc from the factory that he wanted to ship to another state. He purchased insurance on the item and they shipped it. They called the following day and said the package was damaged in transit and he said fine, I'll make the insurance claim. UPS said the insurance he purchased was no good and nonrefundable, because UPS did not pack the item. They accepted the package as well packed and sold him the insurance without a waiver. He complained to US corporate and was denied any relief. What kind of deal is that????

Update on this Saga, is that I received another confirmation of an error due to Shipper Agent, this time from the Main GSP Company.

E-Stray are still blatantly denying it and refusing to make attempts to reverse their decision in 'Favour of the Seller' and issue refund in my favour.

Actually, I now don't give a damn about them anymore (insert Emoticon with upright middle digit) !. Their attitude is appalling. 

The Shipping Company is arranging for the 'Returned to Sender' item to be re-sent to me with full Tracking Assistance overseen by them!.

So I presume the Seller also agrees, as he now has it back (although no contact received from him).

Will have to wait six weeks for it though. No sweat really, as I always wanted the items anyway. :fingerscrossed:

Hated to press the like button on this one. My situation has had even worse results as eFlea has ruled in favor of the buyer even though we do not even know if he is alive, still no contact from him to eFlea, PayPal, or me the seller. He gets to keep a 125.00 engine block for free, eFlea says I did save 25.00 in a return shipping label since he didn't ask for one. Did they think he was going to return it, even if I asked, nope. eFlea also informed me that when I began selling on their site that I agreed to their terms, this being one, buyer always wins. I really want to set up a false name and account and start buying diamonds, or at least Bolens tractors.

On 21/11/2016 at 7:24 PM, Anglo Traction said:

Update on this Saga, is that I received another confirmation of an error due to Shipper Agent, this time from the Main GSP Company.

E-Stray are still blatantly denying it and refusing to make attempts to reverse their decision in 'Favour of the Seller' and issue refund in my favour.

Actually, I now don't give a damn about them anymore (insert Emoticon with upright middle digit) !. Their attitude is appalling. 

The Shipping Company is arranging for the 'Returned to Sender' item to be re-sent to me with full Tracking Assistance overseen by them!.

So I presume the Seller also agrees, as he now has it back (although no contact received from him).

Will have to wait six weeks for it though. No sweat really, as I always wanted the items anyway. :fingerscrossed:

Well, it turns out I won't be getting this Deck Drive Unit for my 72 Wheel Horse. Chased them (Shipper) up just before Xmas for an update, got a familiar response. 2 days later I get a full GSP refund back into my Paypal account!. I fired off an Email to the Seller, as I knew they had received the returned item.

Asked if I was likely to get a refund?. No reply, but yesterday got an Email from Ebay saying they have refunded the purchase and Seller's postage charges!.

So I got all my money back, but no item unfortunately.  2 months of hard work fighting for this and I had not used my last options of Paypal's system and Legal-  B) smug mode. 

As others have said, I am pleased you got your money back. I am unsure what part you are looking for but if you post a picture I will look through my stock of Wheelhorse parts to see if I can help.

Iain

On 29/12/2016 at 6:50 PM, slf-uk said:

As others have said, I am pleased you got your money back. I am unsure what part you are looking for but if you post a picture I will look through my stock of Wheelhorse parts to see if I can help.   Iain

Thanks Ian, Neil and Iain, Belated N,Year greetings, been 'Off Grid' for a while. Yeah, the Drive Unit I wanted is from the late 60s.

It was an intermediate design during WH's transition from Short to long Frame, supplied with certain Decks and before the Attach- a Matic system. Here is a link with pics of the item (1st 3 images) in a Thread on RS-   -RS LINK-    . I will be impressed if you have one lying around!  

5 hours ago, the showman said:

Had a rummage through some boxes and came across these, look a bit similar to the photos 

Hi Chris, Those Mower drive attachments are from the mid/late 60's. The items circled in red below are for a 42" Mower Deck (5-1421) from 1968>, so keep those 2 pieces together.

Drives.jpeg

They need a Frame on the Deck in order to fit the Idler and the other Hitch Plate needs a 'Stand off' small bearing/pulley to engage with the curved edge.

Both Hitch Plates in the pic are pre 1973, as there are only 2 fixing holes for Bolting to the Frame, but then you probably know that :thumbs:

Regards.