harryt

Latest addition to the herd

This is my most recent new toy, a gravely tractor with loader. I am very pleased with it as everything works and it is a strong tractor. Unfortunately the rear fender is missing and some has attacked the unit with red oxide. My plan is to restore it eventually and put some better tyres on the rear for traction. Here are a few pictures. Harry

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I like the self levelling bucket, not something you normally see on a small loader. I hope you can find a replacement fender, I guess the US version of the auction site is a good place to look.

Iain

2 hours ago, nigel said:

That's a really good find Harry I like that a lot so what's under the bonnet ?

Just a very large battery and a large fuel tank. In person the bonnet it actually quite small

That's a great find Harry, looks like a very capable and fun machine :thumbs:

I may well be the only one thinking like this but I prefer the look without the rear bodywork..

If it were mine I'd fit some arches and a panel to go under the seat rather than find the original bodywork... I think I just don't like the shape of it.. But that's just me :lol:

11 hours ago, Ian said:

That's a great find Harry, looks like a very capable and fun machine :thumbs:

I may well be the only one thinking like this but I prefer the look without the rear bodywork..

If it were mine I'd fit some arches and a panel to go under the seat rather than find the original bodywork... I think I just don't like the shape of it.. But that's just me :lol:

Thats a fair point and you have now got me thinking. if i were to get an original body panel it would be at a great expense and perhaps not make me any happier, however i am one for originality. I will definitely contemplate it when i come to restore it.

As for now i  need to get some chevron tyres on the back as the grip is very poor when using the loader. :D 

On 12/1/2016 at 2:33 PM, harryt said:

As for now i  need to get some chevron tyres on the back as the grip is very poor when using the loader.

Weight, weight, weight and then add some more weight to the rear. Filled tires and large heavy wheel weights will certainly help. The rear engine limits the options for weight box so you'll have to get creative if needed. To put in perspective, my loader tractor has a 500+ pound backhoe hanging off the back of it and still looses traction with a heavy load on the loader.

That's a very interesting loader with the self level bucket setup. I really like that feature. It appears to be homemade to me by a very skilled builder but that's just a guess. Manufactured loader arms are usually tapered and not straight dimensional pieces. The bucket shape seems too simple of a design. Again, just guessing 

12 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

Weight, weight, weight and then add some more weight to the rear. Filled tires and large heavy wheel weights will certainly help. The rear engine limits the options for weight box so you'll have to get creative if needed. To put in perspective, my loader tractor has a 500+ pound backhoe hanging off the back of it and still looses traction with a heavy load on the loader.

That's a very interesting loader with the self level bucket setup. I really like that feature. It appears to be homemade to me by a very skilled builder but that's just a guess. Manufactured loader arms are usually tapered and not straight dimensional pieces. The bucket shape seems too simple of a design. Again, just guessing 

I may fill the tyres to add weight to the rear, the bucket is homemade but the loader itself is a kwik way.

That's awesome! Your back will thank you over and over for getting that loader!!!

I had a chance to get an almost new loader for the 520H  I bought in 1997. At the time I thought $500. was way over priced......

I have been kicking myself in the arse ever since.....  :lol: