nigel

Wheelhorse D200

It could be the twin to mine. The PTO lever on the left may start falling forward and engaging if not properly adjust. The replacement parts on this type of PTO is like the ones on early CASE GTs, friction discs and bell washers, hard to find. I have been removing them and installing standard twin cylinder kohler electric PTOs on them. Looks to be a 1974 or 1975.

18 hours ago, HeadExam said:

Hope you got the drive linkage sorted out.

I found that drive linkage on these can be a fiddle to get right and can work loose. They are great once you have them adjusted correctly.

It's good to see that it appears to have the original seat with the arm rests still fitted.

I seem to recall that the back tyres on these are an odd size, 27x9.50-15 comes to mind. Nigel, I would be interested to know what the size and make of tyres you have fitted on the fitted to the rear as I need to source some for one of my D's. It would be handy to know where you got them from too. Thanks.

Iain

The Maxxis Ceros arew the same tire as the Duro frontier, I think the Maxxis may be a tad cheaper and it is available in the 15 in" size. I have bought both the 27x9-15 at 134.00 each shipped and the 27x11-15 at 155.00 shipped and both are a great tractor in a multitude of conditions that I have used them in, grading loose gravel tilling loose dirt and pushing a large 56" front plow. They seem to be gentle on turf as well and give good traction on wet grass. As you might have found 15 inch tires are extremely scarce for garden tractors, They are available in a Carlisle lug, but prices or any 15" lug AG tires appear to be well over 200.00 each. You can see there is not a great deal of difference between the 9 and 11 inch widths, that is because the rim on the 9 inch tire is 7 inches and the rim on the 11 inch tire is 8.5 inches, had the rim size and tire width been closer to the same the tire would have realized a fuller width, as it stands the 9 inch tire did realize very close to 9 inch width on the 7 inch rim with a tad taller than 27 inches tall. The 11 inch tire only realized a 10.25 width on the 8.5 inch rim but was also slightly taller than 27 inches, nearly 28" tall. These rims can be found on M.E.Miller tire  in a variety of widths or on hay tedders and other farm implements in from 7 inches to 10 inches in width

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxxis-Ceros-Front-Tire-27x9R-15-6-Ply-TM00697100-/231941996615?hash=item3600d20047:g:QKcAAOSwCGVX2cIq&vxp=mtr

20150929_175934.jpg

20160812_130904.jpg

20161019_170102.jpg

On 15/12/2016 at 8:42 PM, slf-uk said:

I found that drive linkage on these can be a fiddle to get right and can work loose. They are great once you have them adjusted correctly.

It's good to see that it appears to have the original seat with the arm rests still fitted.

I seem to recall that the back tyres on these are an odd size, 27x9.50-15 comes to mind. Nigel, I would be interested to know what the size and make of tyres you have fitted on the fitted to the rear as I need to source some for one of my D's. It would be handy to know where you got them from too. Thanks.

Iain

I went to allterrain tyres and bought 27x8.50 15 they fit on the wheels well, make sure you get tubes with these tyres though 

2 hours ago, nigel said:

I went to allterrain tyres and bought 27x8.50 15 they fit on the wheels well, make sure you get tubes with these tyres though 

I did see those tyres and wondered if they would fit. Thanks for the info.

The D200 looks great with the rotavator fitted. I wish I could find one for my D200

Iain 

Hey Nigel, whats the model and serial number of the D-200 wondering how close it ss to mine in age and production. My rotavator is exactly the same as well, my Woods Rear Finish Cutter is something that was a bonus, and along with the rotavator these make great field tractors.

On 17/12/2016 at 5:11 PM, slf-uk said:

I did see those tyres and wondered if they would fit. Thanks for the info.

The D200 looks great with the rotavator fitted. I wish I could find one for my D200

Iain 

Now I wonder who you found the tyre info out from guys:)

When it started on Ians film it sounded like it was only running on 1 cylinder??

I expect thats cause of the 2 exhausts rather than it all going out through one big exhaust on another brand of tractor which a few of us own.......

1 hour ago, slf-uk said:

It's amassing how different it sounds to mine, the standard exhausts have a very distinctive sound.

Iain 

It's only got one standard silencer on it the other one is different

On 18/12/2016 at 9:42 PM, Chris said:

When it started on Ians film it sounded like it was only running on 1 cylinder??

I expect thats cause of the 2 exhausts rather than it all going out through one big exhaust on another brand of tractor which a few of us own.......

The near side exhaust is the correct one, the other side has a large pepper pot silencer!