Reiver

Landmaster super 88 tarpen flexidrive

Hello

I have one of the above rotavators.It has a 3hp briggs and stratton engine fitted.I have two different tarpen flexidrives.They appear to be for landmasters but neither of them appear to fit correctly.Does anybody have one of these machines with a flexidrive fitted? If you have could you put a picture up of flexidrive.Thank you

Hello Reiver and welcome

I've got one of the earlier 85 models with a Tarpen drive , can't see why it would not fit an 88 as the shaft sizes are the same...

I'll get some better pictures when I am where the machine is stored

PC050065.JPG

Hello Paul

The problem is that the square ended shaft on the flexidrive appears to be too long and doesn't allow the drive to go into the drive tube far enough to be clamped .I will try and get some photos tomorrow

That's strange, can't think why the shaft would be longer, unless its been modified to fit something else in the past ??

I've got another drive that fits the smaller 34 model but that is literally the square section shaft with a drive shaft attached, rather than the belt drive units as above...

Does the shaft come out of the unit or is it fixed ?

I don't know where the drive unit came from.So may have been modified or it maybe for another machine with a longer drive tube. I think the shaft would come out of the flexidrive as I think it is just secured into drive unit by the drive pulley grub screw.

It looks that way, I don't think the drive tube on a Super 88 is shorter than the others (not got one), sorry I can't be more help...

You may have to modify the shaft to get it to fit, there's a clamp on the end of the tube that holds the implement in place