Triumph66

Bedford HA Van

I remember rolling one of them in the 70s driving home from the pub with 8 people in the back on a icey road ( no breathalyser in those days ) we must of been pished cos we rolled it back on its wheels and carried on 😀 How times have changed ! It was primrose yellow

That looks a nice clean van Andrew, a tad of rust on one wing, but nice and clean..

What's the plans engine wise?   Plenty of space to put something a bit bigger than the original :D

Thanks for the postitive comments. I am hoping to strike a deal with the vendor. He's not desperate to sell it and will mull my offer over over Christmas. It does appear to be very clean and solid and the engine is in pieces needing a new piston etc. Service history is there too. Back in the 70s, I drive one around in a field at my mate's farm in Robertsbridge and there were a few dents in it like it been rolled and it was yellow too. (Sound familiar Nigel?! :lol:)

I was going to say the clutch might be stuck but yours is out, so easy to check. The Vivas we had seemed to suffer from this, I was dragged a few miles round the lanes with my foot holding the clutch pedal down and the engine turning till eventually it let go. 

I remember going out as an RAC patrolman to an HC one evening in the late 70's on the A1, burning oil, running like a pig on three cylinders. Two elderly ladies in the car heading home somewhere up north, RAC rescue, not recovery membership. Engine had a holed piston, I pulled the rocker cover, rockers and pushrods on the duff cylinder, topped the oil up and away they went, on three cylinders, no smoke, running as sweet as a nut, try that on a modern engine!

I seem to remember they also used to burn through the "hot spot" between the manifolds, resulting in an early example of E.G.R. :P

Nice find! Looks super clean, straight and with good paint.

Here is a stupid question. Which one of you is going to repair and reinstall the engine or are you going to replace it with something else?:)