S1g

Project Budget Sachs Diesel Howard Gem.

Ive started to turn my attention to the

backend. As you may of seen originally

I was going to use a set off a

Dowdeswell. However without going into

boring rivet counting details, these arent

quite correct for a machine of this age.

The other day I managed to do a swap for

some engine parts for  these covers which

are period correct.

Overall they are in very good condition,

however Ive already welded the trailing

back into place and a bit of straightening

is also needed.

Digging through my store Ive also turned

up an original spec serial number plate.

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2297.JPG

IMG_2298.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

IMG_2299.JPG

Thanks for your compliments. Still a few things to do, including the rotor shaft and chain case, but can now see the end.

This morning I applied the decals on the rear end plus fitted the tool box. Photos to follow.

10 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

What more can one say Gareth?. Classic example where a combination of addiction and quality work only produces perfection. Well worth the effort (and the aches 'n' pains) :bow:   

Thank you Richard.  It's machines like yours and many others on here that inspire me to do mine. You're certainly right about the aches and pains, my health in terms of my joints is deteriating to the point I'm not sure how many more of these gems I can undertake, plus I'm seriously running out of room. After this and the Dowdeswell is finished, I think I'm going to have a break from them.

My next project is going to be finishing off a toylander that is half done, never one to do it the easy way I'm converting this one to Honda power rather than the usually used invalidity scooters. A GX 200 will just fit under the bonnet with a cut out in the under tray and the bulkhead.  The power will then be transferred via a centifrugal clutch to a ride on mower gearbox. To take the extra weight there's going to have to be a box section chassis squeezed in as well. I did toy with idea of 4x4 like the real thing but have ruled it out on space and cost grounds. At least with it I can do most the work in the warm living room rather than outside during the winter in the cold.

Thanks Norm, only really parting with them due to having had them sat in the shed since the last Tractor world show I did in 2017. Seems a shame for them to just sit there. With my legs the way they are and other commitments, I can't see myself ever doing anything with them again. Thought I'd offer them first on here before letting the vultures on eBay having a go. I'm not really sure how to price them, would only be looking for a fair price and hopefully somebody who would give them a proper home. Have never had any luck with the for sale section on here,even when offering machines for free.

Edited by S1g