Oakslayer

O&R ice auger

I'm woking on a vintage strikemaster Ice auger for a friend, it has the O&R engine. My question is do you fellas know where I  can get carburetor parts for this? Thanks for any help Keith

IMG_20170119_164228572_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170119_164210863_HDR.jpg

Edited by Oakslayer
Add pictures

:WMOM:

Some parts are available. Assume you will need a new diaphragm.

Figure out what parts you need and send a Private Message to member webhead. He should be able to hook you up. I also have diaphragms.

Please post some pictures of that machine. Not sure I've ever seen one of those but many O&R items are the same only branded under different names.

Well that's another different item I've never seen before but the engine is familiar. Thanks for posting pics!

As a newer model engine, the little arm in the carb may have a rubber check valve instead of the most common steel ball bearing (which sat in the little hole to serve the same purpose). I have yet been able to come up with a good fix to replace that little rubber stopper when they dry out and don't seal. I fix them buy replacing the entire diaphragm assembly with the older steel ball version.

You'll need to clean that entire carb but don't get any carb cleaner on the little rubber stopper if that's indeed what's there. After cleaning re-assemble and test it by blowing air into the fuel inlet. Air should only pass when the primer button is pushed. Also a good idea to try and suck air too. This procedure works for both styles of check valve. If ANY air passes it must be fixed so the diaphragm can pump gas to the engine.

Have you checked out this carb tutorial thread?

IMG_20170119_164210863_HDR.thumb.jpg.4638d8f81dc51c0a23b0260e42a08fd6.jpg