Jarrovian

allen scythes

Hi everybody I am a newbie to MY OLD MACHINE my main interests are Allen Scythes and Howard. I bought an Allen Scythe from that famous site for £10, four stroke Villiers engine runner will post pictures when I can figure it out here is a picture of one of my Allen F with cylinder mower attachment

BIGGAR & LADYBANK etc 022.JPG

BIGGAR & LADYBANK etc 003.JPG

I used to have 15/20 allen scythes & attachments. Inc a cylinder mower. Heavy lumps

Sold the lot now as interested in other things

Still have my massive folder full of info etc on them which I built up over the years of collecting.

Nice machines you have there

I like your Howard dragon I have two of them ..one a good complete runner with the rotavator /mowing bar attachment /reversible plough. I like your Allen scythe .... I got one a few years back but never finished restoring it.

Have you any other howards?

Hello howardman     yes I have other Howards 1 hako 3 demons (1 with Villiers engine) 2 bullfinchs 2 bantams ( 1 with jap engine) 350 ( owned from new ) 1 200  1 220  1 dragon 2 gem bj and howard two cylinder and last Howard Mini Gapper

Hi, nice seeing  the old Allen scythes, my dad use to cut our grass in the orchard with one for many years.  He since sold the Allen scythe but I have just found the plough he had for it, with the weight and bar loop to give better control. Any one know what it might be worth. Searched many of these sights and never find one for sale,    RARE???

Edited by Gazz