Oldjimturbine

Ohlsson rice diesel

Nothing, it was removed.  So then I would need a glow plug, fuel, propellor or something to turn the shaft, and it may, or may not run.  There is an o ring under the carb that looks like it needs replacing.  I'm not sure I have it, but I have a cal-hawk 407-pc o ring set and I might have one that fits.  Does the carb look identifiable to you in the picture?

It's always possible someone scavenged parts from it but the only way to run it without a flywheel and coil is a glow plug. That and the adapter on the crank is why I'm guessing it was used for an RC airplane.

The carb is aftermarket but I don't know who made them, Octura maybe? @Webhead may have more info on those.

They make a 12v starting motor for starting RC airplanes. It has a rubber cup and you push it into the spinner on the center of the prop to turn over the engine.

There appears to be debris inside the chamber so you should clean it out before starting it.Pull the head off. You mentioned you're not sure if it turns over but you should be able to spin that crank fairly easy by hand with the plug hole open.

I have never seen that carb. Almost looks like someone fitted an RC carb on it that would work. How is it attached?

Maybe some close up photos?

The glow fuel converted engine I have has the same carb on it, just positioned different and one of the plastic control arms is cut off. Never removed it to see how it's held in place. Exhaust manifold also had a port added to pressurize a fuel tank

FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.3a42d586f3e059f4f9bb613ae92ea032.jpg

FullSizeRender(3).thumb.jpg.d8e72f23e56fd144969cf9d7f95786f7.jpg

FullSizeRender(4).thumb.jpg.f77b6cf3c1474e14949030cc2b06ac57.jpg

Thank you for the info.  I guess the carb will remain a mystery has to who made it, but I will need to take it apart to replace the o ring which is brittle.   Then I will clean it and see If it runs.  

I have a similar design but smaller carb with the same fuel inlet/needle assembly, it has K&B MFG stamped onto it.

You can post as many pictures as you like if you become a forum supporter, it's well worth the $10 and helps with the forum running costs.

David

SAM_10454a.jpg.a9e974daf993d0d8711d43cf5ce17d6d.jpg

It's best not to store engines with no plug fitted as dirt and moisture will get into the cylinder, even a dud plug will do for blocking it, I keep some for this reason. I even had a hedge trimmer where maggots had set up home in the cylinder, it go oiled & cleaned up fairly quickly.

David