Cub Cadet

Wheel Horse RJ-58

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Glad you done a deal for this. Be interesting to see what you will do with it.

Can you get a V8 under the hood??:D

haha, that would be good, but i'm hoping to put it back to original specs if I can source the parts. :)

16 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Interesting clutch and chain drive arrangement. Good luck with it. You'll now end up with an original instead of a reproduction. :thumbs:

Sure will, it is interesting but it will have to go. I'm still hoping to build my other one as well :D

1 minute ago, Stormin said:

I think there's/was some one round Morecombe/Heysham/Lancaster that refurbished steering wheels.

The one pictured is from my cub that I refurbished, I wonder if they may have one the same.

I asked my mate today if he still had theClinton engine. He said yes & will dig it out next week

It was complete & had a fuel tank. he said it the same as Trojan trac but I cant be sure

Its not far away from mine & Harrys house:D

42 minutes ago, Chris said:

I asked my mate today if he still had theClinton engine. He said yes & will dig it out next week

It was complete & had a fuel tank. he said it the same as Trojan trac but I cant be sure

Its not far away from mine & Harrys house:D

Thanks Chris! Neil has told me that the model of Clinton engine I would need is a Clinton 1290, it would be great if it was the same model, or similar HP, if not I think it would be best to hold out for a Kohler K91.

Well after quite a delay with the shipping company, I get a call asking where we live...

followed by "oh Sh1t, I'll call you back...." I hopped on the quad thinking he was lost and I'll find him first. Quad was the wrong mode of transport and not man enough for the job...

IMG_3545.JPG

He got got stuck in the bottom of the village, and I had to pull him out. 

Anyway, he dropped a pallet off and there's only one way to move a pallet up here :D

IMG_3548.JPG

might leave it for Ewan to unpack when he's next home.... unless he really wants some more pics....

33 minutes ago, harryt said:

Glad you got it ok in the end. 

Yes thank you very much Harry! I'm looking forward to coming back from university and having a look. :D

Ewan,

I have that Clinton engine here. Cant post pics on here atm & I gave up trying

Can you PM your number & I will Text them to you & see if its any good??

Tell you now its a non runner & needs work

11 hours ago, Triumph66 said:

Look forward to seeing this project come to fruition. If anyone can do it , you're the man Ewan :thumbs:

Thanks Andrew, i'm itching to get back from uni and having a tinker, can't wait to restore her to its former glory. 

Wooo I have an engine :hdance: So after some research I have discovered that the model B1260 (above) and the model B1290 (correct one for the RJ) are exactly the same engine, the only difference is that the 1260 had a reduction box added from factory, hopefully after a rebuild it should bolt straight in :D.

32 minutes ago, Stormin said:

That's what I call a very satisfactory result. :thumbs: Also an engine sourced PDQ.

Yes i'm very happy providing its not in too bad of a condition, its already clear that it needs a rebuild but fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Thats good news Ewan

Same we could not have sorted it sooner as It would have come up on the pallet with the tractor!!

Well at least I can get it some where your dad to collect itB)

Just now, Chris said:

Thats good news Ewan

Same we could not have sorted it sooner as It would have come up on the pallet with the tractor!!

Well at least I can get it some where your dad to collect itB)

Oh well, it would've been good but it doesn't matter. I can't thank you enough for finding the engine! I just hope we can rebuild it and get it running :)