Sign in to follow this  
Cub Cadet

Wanted- Kohler K91

If you want to put a Clinton in it Ewan you will need the 1290 Clinton , you will be very lucky to find one of these , my opinion would be to hang of for the Kohler K90 or K91 , but make sure you don't buy the one with the tapered crank , 

Just now, neil said:

If you want to put a Clinton in it Ewan you will need the 1290 Clinton , you will be very lucky to find one of these , my opinion would be to hang of for the Kohler K90 or K91 , but make sure you don't buy the one with the tapered crank , 

Thanks Neil, Having worked on Kohlers before I would prefer one so I will be keeping an eye out. :)

Sorry I can't help you Ewan, I've got a spare K90 but it's a spare for my roundhoods as most of them have Kohlers fitted.

and if i sell it something bound to go wrong.

i have used the one with the tapered crank before ( mostly fitted to gennys ) and made a pulley to fit

13 hours ago, the showman said:

Sorry I can't help you Ewan, I've got a spare K90 but it's a spare for my roundhoods as most of them have Kohlers fitted.

and if i sell it something bound to go wrong.

i have used the one with the tapered crank before ( mostly fitted to gennys ) and made a pulley to fit

No problem Chris, i'd want a spare too just incase. I'll just need to keep an eye out, i'm sure if I found one with a tapered crank we should be able to machine something to fit.

Ewan, a tractor I picked up a couple of years ago should have a K161 fitted but it has been replaced with a much smaller engine. I remember doing a double take when I first saw it thinking that the engine had shrunk so it is possible that it is a smaller Kohler like a K91. The tractor is in storage at the moment and I tried unsuccessfully to get to it earlier today. Next time I have access I will check.

Iain 

2 hours ago, slf-uk said:

Ewan, a tractor I picked up a couple of years ago should have a K161 fitted but it has been replaced with a much smaller engine. I remember doing a double take when I first saw it thinking that the engine had shrunk so it is possible that it is a smaller Kohler like a K91. The tractor is in storage at the moment and I tried unsuccessfully to get to it earlier today. Next time I have access I will check.

Iain 

Thanks Iain, that would be great if it was :D