Jack rush

How can i get my lawn mower running right

On 28/01/2017 at 7:02 PM, Jack rush said:

My peerless transaxle model number is 4.103.566 but I can't find shift keys for it if anyone can help me.

That number is the patent number, not the model .

You have an 800 series box, second one down in this Dropbox file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdfen8aaxl75m8m/Peerless MST selector keys.0001.pdf?dl=0

Hi where can I get 792089a shift keys from I've cracked my transaxle open and got them out just was stuck in finding them on the Internet. Also how do I fill the transaxle up with oil is there a fill valve of what? Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Jack rush said:

Hi where can I get 792089a shift keys from I've cracked my transaxle open and got them out just was stuck in finding them on the Internet. Also how do I fill the transaxle up with oil is there a fill valve of what? Thanks. 

I'm pretty sure the gearbox should be filled with grease.

I did a quick internet search and found this website with keys, i'm sure someone on here will have a better idea of where they can be sourced.

fullsizeoutput_b1e.thumb.jpeg.48fd26ed9c9ed98abd79d30eca73637d.jpeg

Just now, Jack rush said:

Thanks but now can I fill it

How?, I had a westwood years ago and seem to remember that we bought a large tin of grease, not sure what type but you will need to know, and you basically just pack it in. Its quite a messy job.

On 1/25/2017 at 5:12 PM, meadowfield said:

Sounds like you need to check its connected through to the throttle linkage and the rocker for the choke is connected correctly.

re: gearbox, I think the part I've circled here is possibly broken or the bit that operates it is.

this is my sons gearbox as we rebuilt it, so we know exactly how it works...

you might have to split it to take take a look, it's a messy job as it is filled with bentonite grease.

IMG_4367.JPG

GET LOTS OF RAGS TOWELS! :) I had one of those apart years ago. Holy cow what a mess! :wacko: