Sign in to follow this  
slf-uk

Another Bolens G14

Over the Christmas break I was contacted by someone who had seen my Bolens posts on another forum. They had picked up a Bolens whilst doing a clearance and wanted to know if I was interested. I said that I was unlikely to be interested as I am out of space but I was happy to have a look at it and value it for them. This was a foolish offer and I should have known I would be bringing it home. The seller was a great guy and it was refreshing to have a very open and honest conversation about value and price, which worked out well for both of us.

The tractor is fitted with the large flat top tiller and is road registered. The tines on the tiller are very badly worn so it has clearly had plenty of use. I am not sure if it is a viable tractor or just a great source of spare parts. It does not move very well having been sat outside for many years so I picked it up with the tipper trailer in case I needed extra help unloading.

IMG_1649.JPG

The rear fender is in the worst condition

IMG_1648.JPG

All I have done with it at the moment is remove the tiller and store the tractor and tiller safely

Iain

20 minutes ago, slf-uk said:

IMG_1649.JPG

The rear fender is in the worst condition

IMG_1648.JPG

All I have done with it at the moment is remove the tiller and store the tractor and tiller safely

Iain

Whena are you planning to get seat time on this one? :-)

The real gem on this score is the fact it's  road registered which is worth its weight in gold in my opinion. Be good to see this back on the road. Literally.

I was aware of this purchase and there's an amusing story which Iain told me about the G14, but that's for him to tell.

1 hour ago, Triumph66 said:

I was aware of this purchase and there's an amusing story which Iain told me about the G14, but that's for him to tell.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

And what does the BOSS have to say about this. ? :hdance:

1 hour ago, Triumph66 said:

My lips are sealed Alain. 

Non!

Nein!

Nyet!

Ain't sayin' nuffin' Guv.

Andrew has just reminded me about the amusing story, which is very much related to these comments.

Before I went to look at the tractor I told Joseph to ask the boss if we could have it but apparently that tactic only works once and I had to ask myself. When I spoke to the boss she asked me if I had one of that model. I thought very carefully before replying that that I didn't have one of that model. I noticed that the look I was being given was starting to relax and I thought it was in the bag. At that point Joseph joined in the conversation and reminded me that I have three of that model. :angry:

Afterwards I tried to explain to him about the literalness  of the question I was being asked and that I answered correctly by saying that I didn't have ONE. Unfortunately it was lost on him.

I then went to plan B, which was that if I could get this it would give me the parts for the other three. That sort of worked :)

Iain