Sign in to follow this  
expeatfarmer

When Is it time for a sort out?

Recently I have had a number of collector friends ( older than me ) that have been taken ill making them unable to carry on with their hobby and incapable of disposing of their collections. This has then fallen to friends or family who may not be fully familiar with what they are dealing with. I also find that despite acres of space I am forever having to move things around that I have not touched since the last time I had to move them for another reason. I then started thinking about all the things I have collected over the years that just sit in cupboards and never see daylight from one year to the next. I have therefore decided to have a clear out and have found it an ideal pastime on cold wet days to sort bits out and put them up for auction, by doing it now it is almost fun but I can see that if I was doing it because I had to for some reason it would be a painful chore. I had some builders here this week and decided to offer them various builders tools I had not used for at least four years, there were seven of them and before they left I had cleared £1000 and cleared half of one of my sheds. !!!!!