sparrow

Ransomes mg6 price

Hi all, I've been offered a ransomes mg6 crawler, which has been dry stored in a shed for more than 30 years. Apparently it was runnig fine before it was parked up. It looks in reasonable condition. It has pto and hydraulic arms. My question is what would it's value be as I dont want to overpay for it?? Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Have a look at the sold listings on E bay that is always a good guide as to what people will value machines at. If it is tidy and complete it has to be worth £1000 to 1500 more if it has implements too.

Like the way you been offered one;)

Its only worth what somebody will pay for it.

All sellers say it ran fine when put away. We have all had that 

The engine may have been knocking or another serious prob as to why it been parked up for 30 odd years. Thats the risk we have to take

If it was running for people too look at etc then yes it will be worth top money. Are the tracks ok etc etc??

If not then £1000/1200 if you ask me 

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice! I've wanted a ransomes crawler for a long time now, so hopefully I will be able to have a deal on this one!! Is there any certain things I should look out for when buying one??

It depends on the version of the engine.

If there is no vaporiser it is designed to work on petrol.

If it has a vaporising box it will run on both petrol or TVO but may not like straight petrol due to lower compression ratio and fuel getting to hot.

If there is a cox atomiser still fitted to the vaporiser and you only want to run on petrol it may be best to remove it.

Neil