Darmic1

Gardenmaster 34

Had a doubt about the crank bearings in the little JAP, so bought new ones along with seals to be satisfied there would be no problems later. Got it all back together and fitted to the frame of the Gardenmaster.....

20170224_184023_resized.jpg

Overhauled the drive and rotor unit at the front. Washed out the dirty oil and water in the parts washer..... Dried it out with the airline and refilled with EP free sae80 gear oil....... Then attached to rest of the machine.20170223_190617_resized.thumb.jpg.b9ff5778328543a6609d509c17571ad4.jpg20170224_184002_resized.thumb.jpg.528e1472efcbec7ea0ad99174238eee9.jpg

Almost completed this little project, just have one problem I hope someone can help with....... The flippin thing won't start!!! Grrrrr!!! 

To recap whats been done....... To try to eliminate these sort of problems I have replaced both worn crank bearings, fitted 2 new crank seals, resealed the joint between the 2 crank case halves. Made and fitted a new gasket with a smear of sealant between the crank case and barrel, replaced the seal on the crank case drain. It has a new spark plug, a new condensor and new points. The coil tested fine and there is a good strong spark. The points are just opening at 3/32nds before tdc and gapped to .018' The carb fitting is tight with no signs of an air leak there........ The carb itself is clean and has no leaks, however, I'm not sure how to set the float on the Amal 379. There is a notch on the float pin, but the float seems to sit really low when it's at that point, not really allowing much fuel into the bowl. I've tried different points on the pin but still no luck.........

Having spent the day trying to start it, i'm pretty close to taking the club hammer to it!

I've double checked everything........

H...... E...... L...... P......

Another update on this one....... I needed to refit the clamp to secure the rotor cover to the drive tube, make a support bracket from the fuel tank down to the air cleaner and then make a new throttle cable. I also ordered some 4mm rubber sheet to make the soil/stone deflector......030.thumb.jpg.b2f56a3630bd9ef2f4b233aae5c0ad1a.jpg031.thumb.jpg.731535c5099e1f5cfda1b4945e5d612c.jpg

Also wanted to say it runs too!!! Not exactly sure what I did, but I just went through everything again from the seals, to the timing, to the carb...... All seemed fine though, so when I added fuel again, and pulled the starter I wondered if it would ever start......? But it did on the 3rd pull..... Here's a little video of it running

And here's a photo of the almost finished machine..... I say almost, It's decided to leak a small amount of oil from the seal around the shaft with the blades on, new ones will be collected tomorrow!032.thumb.jpg.f90612f33353afc53383a6d62eabec2c.jpg