Webhead

Helicopter

Probably the one being discussed in this thread, the full advert is on the website linked in post 3.

At least two O&R powered Du-Bro helicopters are on youtube, a Du-Bro Shark helicopter which was found as a NOS kit about 11 years ago for $175;

And a Du-Bro Hughes 300 helicopter;

David

Hello.  Does that helicopter look like it can be serviced?  It has some rust and the seller said the engine is gummed.  Can the engine be cleaned?  Sorry about my stupid questions, it's a learning process for me,mike right now I'm cleaning the ohlsson rice military engine.

Did the seller re-list it?

Most all of these engines can be cleaned and made to run. It's just a matter of how much time and money you want to put into them. Some are just easier to replace rather than put the effort into them. That engine doesn't appear to be abused so it shouldn't be too bad to get going again but you never really know until it's thoroughly inspected.

I didn't win the helicopter.  Last time I bid on it, I was the only bidder, and I had asked before the end of the auction what the reserve price was because I was the only bidder and wanted to see if it was affordable.  He wouldn't tell me, and I didn't like it so I raised the bid until I found out, then lowered it 25 dollars, which I shouldn't have, I just thought what he did was stupid.  This time I was the highest bidder again, but someone must have contacted him because there was a fifth bidder.  I was still the highest but he won't sell it to me, and that's ok, I have a couple of engines to work on.  I also found out the later engines take a larger spark plug, which I didn't know until I tried to insert an older extra spark plug I have into a later engine.  Learning something new every day.

Good morning.  No, it went back up for bid for I think another 6 days, and I bid on it, then there was another bidder at the end of the 2nd auction.  The third time was the buy it now option.

Picked it up yesterday, I haven't taken it out of the box yet.  I was the only interested buyer, and dont believe there was a fifth bidder.  I think they just wanted their price and led me to believe there was one so i would buy it quickly, and it worked.  I will post pictures.  Since it was in an attic, which seems to be the story for these machines, from what I read about when they go up for sale.  Those that survived impact, were put away in an attic somewhere.

Nice score. Please post up some better pics when you get the chance! And of coarse we are looking forward to seeing you get that baby running!