Webhead

O&R Boat Engine

Thanks Webhead for posting pics of my boat. Hoping someone can shed light on that exhaust. Like you said, it's probably a custom job. I like the exhaust on your boat, looks like a conley V8 is stuffed in there, neat!

:

I thought a few more detailed pics would be a good idea. Someone did a top rate job on this exhaust! I've cleaned the mating surfaces and made new gaskets. The old gaskets were brittle and just plain old. I can't wait to get this on the water,  I acquired it just a few days ago.

IMG_20170226_110644.jpg

IMG_20170226_110754.jpg

IMG_20170226_110424.jpg

IMG_20170226_110504.jpg

Ooooo, Someone got fancy building that exhaust!

Hard to say if it was manufactured or not. Maybe made by Octura but never in quantity? Certainly took some machining to make it.

It's loud too! It idles well but throttle response is crappy. Lots of hesitation on the low end. When I can get it to rev up it sounds great. 

I wonder if the engine has the rare rotary valve in it as opposed to the feather valve. It was also made by Octura, up's the HP and gives it a cool

"pap,pap,pap,pap,pap" sound out of the exhaust. I have the only one that I have ever heard of. It could be that some people just don't know, you almost have to pull

the intake apart to see.

11 minutes ago, Webhead said:

I wonder if the engine has the rare rotary valve in it as opposed to the feather valve. It was also made by Octura, up's the HP and gives it a cool

"pap,pap,pap,pap,pap" sound out of the exhaust. I have the only one that I have ever heard of. It could be that some people just don't know, you almost have to pull

the intake apart to see.

11 minutes ago, Webhead said:

the intake apart to see.

I'm curious now. I'm going to take a look. What will the rotary valve look like?

Not being smart, but looks like a rotor. To run tip top, both crankcase seals should probably be replaced. Be careful when taking these apart, there are many needle

bearings that will start falling out. You are best doing it over a baking pan or Frisbee.

Definitely looks like a custom made exhaust, the cylinder cooling baffles/plates & the magneto plate have been modified to allow the exhaust to fit.

David