the showman

The showman has a senior moment

Had a spare couple of hours today so I stripped the front of the engine and flywheel, removed the coil, condenser and points.

Points look good so they had a good clean then I went over the mower centre to get coil and condenser checked on jonathans machine, the coil came up good but the condenser came up duff.

happy to pay a fiver instead of 55 quid. :) 

Hope to get it back together sometime this week

Spent a bit of time on the engine today, Cowling primered and painted, points and new condenser fitted, flywheel fitted, coil refitted.

Its all back together and had it running for nearly an hour and pleased it runs so well.

I will do some PHOTO's for you tomorrow when I get it out of the van

I must have missed this thread Chris. What a great little machine you sniffed out. Good to know you're not entirely devoted to Red Tractors. ......

That must be a Keeper.

I presume you will be at a certain Garden Centre tomorrow?. I was hoping to get down, but had to change plans. Maybe meet up sometime.

Regards

Richard 

35 minutes ago, the showman said:

Spent a bit of time on the engine today, Cowling primered and painted, points and new condenser fitted, flywheel fitted, coil refitted.

Its all back together and had it running for nearly an hour and pleased it runs so well.

I will do some PHOTO's for you tomorrow when I get it out of the van

Great that's good news mate, bet you are well chuffed :thumbs:

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Looks good. Take it shes a runner now then Chris??

Yes it is Chris, had my first drive round today. Runs nice and gears and brake work, has a screeching noise sometimes when i let the clutch up I think its a belt or rusty pulley but it has been standing for a while 

11 minutes ago, Triumph66 said:

Looks absolutely brilliant Chris. How does it compare to a equivalent WH out of interest? 

I must see it sometime when I am next passing through   

Job to tell Andrew, ive only been doodling today at a garden centre but I'm very pleased with it