Sign in to follow this  
Ian

A tale of two GT's

As some of you will know Nigel bought a Wheel Horse GT-14 the other week, quite why he is not sure, I just think Nigel wanted to copy me :lol:

A few photo's from Nigel's first drive..

58bfdb0467376_NigelGT1.thumb.jpg.82289e946413c6bd826b981d4ad17b75.jpg

58bfdb0d98328_NigelGT2.thumb.jpg.3a3154e8caec61afa8732bbbefb7ddf8.jpg

A good place to park :D

58bfdb15e94da_NigelGT3.thumb.jpg.9c6a0dbaec147d22abb897b4ac26994d.jpg

Nigel insisted that I had a drive to see what I thought, and of course Nigel blamed me for the "cough cough splutter" as the engine started to run badly and then cut out :rolleyes:

Lot's of swearing followed by a carb clean out, a coil and fuel pump swap and eventually fitting a one way valve to the fuel line to help the pump prime (the replacement fuel pump is a bit lazy too) and the GT was back into life..

Oh, Nigel did make a new exhaust for the GT, but as the only way to fit it was to drop the front axle off we shall gloss over it :D:lol:

So... What do you do if you have two running and driving GT's???   You go for a drive of course :D

Problem with it it would run until hot then just cut out, it turned out to be a duff coil and I had to put a new battery on it cos the NEW ONE that was on it was knackerd it runs nice now 

3 hours ago, harryt said:

I have to say Nigel I did slightly regret selling it as I was one of the nicer ones.

Don't give me that Harry ,you emptied my wallet , I've named you dick Turpin 😄

I don't want it back:lol:. Got enough on my plate at the moment. Out of interest, what was wrong with that battery as it was brand new?